Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

“Firefighters … are more likely than other American workers to die of a heart attack while on duty.”

According to a study conducted on behalf of the United States Fire Administration, “Firefighters, as a group, are more likely than other American workers to die of a heart attack while on duty.”[1] In 2010, 56% of firefighter fatalities were due to heart attacks.


Additionally, of the 1,200,000 Americans who will be stricken with a heart attack this year, 79% will survive their heart attack only to be burdened with the high costs of co-insurance and deductibles, rehabilitation, home health care needs, prescriptions, and the loss of income while on medical leave.
A Critical Illness insurance policy from Western & Southern Life could provide you with a tax-free, lump-sum payment of up to $100,000 upon the diagnosis of a heart attack or one of seven other covered critical illnesses. Premiums are affordable – a premium equal to about 1% of your income could help replace the other 99% (depending upon your age).


Concerned that a Critical Illness like a heart attack could severely impact your family financially? We can help you prevent that – before a Critical Illness strikes. Please contact me at one of the numbers listed below for more information about how a Critical Illness insurance policy can help you survive!
Sincerely,

Don Shinault, FF / EMT-BASIC

Western & Southern Financial Group
822 N. 129th Infantry Dr., Suite 105
Joliet, IL 60435-3107
Office: (815) 272-2486
Toll Free: (800) 395-1653
Mobile: (630) 391-3891
Fax: (815) 741-7731
Email: Donald.Shinault@wsilife.com
web: www.wsilife.com  

 

Views: 54

Reply to This

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts


Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service