Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure to and honor to be a guest on Firefighter Netcast hosted by Rhett Fleitz of The Fire Critic and John Mitchell from Fire Daily. It truly was a great experience and I want to thank John and Rhett (the most interesting man in the world!) for the opportunity.

The two of them were great hosts and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I just hope I met their expectations and the ratings didn’t drop too bad.

Anyway, if you haven’t taken a look and a listen to what John and Rhett are doing, you are missing out. They are having conversations with guests from all spectrums of the fire service. This is going to set the standard for fire service podcasts, in my opinion.

I after three weeks, I just now listened to the webcast that I did with John and Rhett. I had a great deal of trepidation to listen to myself. I had no hesitations in doing the show, but I don’t like to listen to myself, it just seems weird. To my surprise, John edited the show in a manner that was first class and actually made me sound okay. Not great and you may have a different opinion, but it was tolerable.

A Firefighter’s Own Worst Enemy-Firefighter Netcast

I am providing you the link to the show and please go back and listen to all of their past shows. You can also catch Art Chief Reason with his new show, The Voice of Reason, which debuted last week and was a huge success. Stay tuned because Tiger Schmittendorf will debut his new show, too.

I have met all of these guys with the exception of Chief Art, and they are all first class. I have talked to Art and he doesn’t lack in the area of class. Here is the thing; tune in to when these shows are live. Get on the chat rooms and call in. These guests and the hosts want your input, suggestions and questions. This is here for you, the firefighter and emergency worker. These people are here to provide you with information and they really care about what you need and the questions that you have.

So, check them out and thanks for all of the support thus far. Give us feedback and feel free to send in your ideas and suggestions. If you have material you want to have posted, send it in and we’ll get it up with credit to you.

As always, take care and stay safe out there.

Views: 96

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jason,

Great job on your webcast with John and Rhett from Firefighter Netcast. You're a natural. I need a way to listen to those guys when I'm doing other duties at the firehouse.

Stay safe brother!

Nick
Nick,
If you have an iPod, you can download from iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id352247599
Thanks for kind words and take care.
Jason

Nick Morgan said:
Hey Jason,

Great job on your webcast with John and Rhett from Firefighter Netcast. You're a natural. I need a way to listen to those guys when I'm doing other duties at the firehouse.

Stay safe brother!

Nick

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service