Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Deploy your people. You are the big boss on this one, what next?
You are the incident commander on this fire. You can deploy who ever you want where ever you want.

I am allowing for your normal response of resources. No cheating!

Don’t worry about what is going on with the personnel in the picture; pretend they are not there.

Explain your size-up and the building characteristics.

Deploy your resources accordingly through what ever a first alarm will bring you. If you want to expand your alarms, hey, have at it. Just let us know.

Sit down with your crews and work this out.

This fire came in as a house fire, unknown victims, called in by the neighbors.

Have fun with it, pass it on, and be safe.

http://firefightersenemy.com

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

My department gets 4 engines and a quint on a first alarm, with approximately 20 firefighters and chiefs. My primary concern is making sure I have no life safety hazard, assuming I don't, first line through the front door, followed by a back-up line. As the first officer on the scene, complete my 360 while that first line is stretched. The fire has vented, our job now is to confine and extinguish. I'd request an additional alarm, due how labor intensive this looks like it will be. Minumum 3 companies with hooks to get the ceiling down, to allow my hoselines to push the fire out the delta side. That's for starters, I'll add more as we go Jason.

Jeff

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service