Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Well the Chief is bring in the Cutters Edge Rotary Rescue Saw. We have the Partner Rescue Saw and the guys love it. Has any one used the Cutters Edge Saw. We have the Chain Saw that Cutters Edge puts out and the guys love it. Can any one give me any feed back on this and do you think it is a good idea to have different Rescue saws. Thanks once again from the guy in Weiser Idaho.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My department has 2 of the CUTTERS EDGE rorary saws and we love them. When we took the saws out for demo we cut anything and everything due to various call that we respond to and we even got creative. We cut fence posts, jersey barriers, metal decking on roofs, roofs off of cars... no we dont do this in a real incidents and we even cut a drive shaft in half. I cant say enough enough about these saws. The oldest saw is on our heavy rescue and just hit 3 yrs. old and still has the original blade and the saw on our truck is 2 years ols and still running great. Hope this helps.
Partner is now owned by Husquavarna. If the same company makes the rotary CE head as the chain saw, it is Jonsered. This is like Ford vs. Mercury. They are sister companies.
i have been able to use a variety of saws in the fire service and all have their strengths and weaknesses. the one thing with all of them is that we need to train with these and know the ins and outs of them regardless of who makes them. i have found all of them to be quality equipment, just a matter of how we take care of our tools!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service