Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Anyone knows whats the function of the two holes at the tip of the spreader?any notes/specs to share?

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's for a set of pull chains. I tried to find info on Lukas' website but I don't speak or read German. I did find this though. I hope it helps.

http://www.jawsoflife.com/_Downloads/hurst/hurst_high_pressure_oper...
Thx bro! what is the tightening sleeve use for?
Doug Ott said:
It's for a set of pull chains. I tried to find info on Lukas' website but I don't speak or read German. I did find this though. I hope it helps.

http://www.jawsoflife.com/_Downloads/hurst/hurst_high_pressure_oper...
The tightening sleeve looks like an over-grown roll pin. It's used to hold the tip on securely. If you were to remove the tips you would have to drive this sleeve out. When putting tips back on the spreader you would have to drive a new sleeve in. Seems like it would be a pain if you had to swap out tips on a call. We use Res-Q-Tec, before that we used Hurst, and it has a reusable pin where your tightening sleeve is. That way if we need a different style tip we just pop the pin out, pull off the tip and put the tip we need on and put the pin back in. Clear as mud? Hope this helped.
Doug is right. They are for pull chains. If you go to the Amkus web site you can see the same use. A Lucas engineer had left Lucas and joined or started Amkus so you will see some similarities.
Please join my group "Tools and Equipment".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service