Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

does anyone have any good training material for teaching the importance of tradition to new recruits?? looking for a presentation that can be used in numerours fire department settings.

Views: 721

Replies to This Discussion

Go buy Rick Lasky's "pride and Ownership" and that will get you going.
Hello , I am the author of the book entitled Fireman's Headgear in America from 1658 to 1918 .Lots of pictures ,stories ans anecdotes.

please log on www.firehelmetbook.com if you have any questions , please let me know

Best regards Martin
THANKS!!!

Marnie Price said:
Here is a version of the History of The Fire Service powerpoint in a version compatible with 97-2003. Hope this works for you! Marnie Price KTF
Hi. My grandfather is a volunteer firefighter for 55 years. For me, hear their stories and their long road is the best way to learn tradition and honor of being a firefighter. Listen to our former colleagues and learn from them. We built our own history, this is a profession, but first of all there is pride and honor.
Pride and Ownership
The slide show was great! Enough to wet my appetite for more. Thank you so much.

Marnie Price said:
Hi Brandon! I have an entire powerpoint presentation that is on the history of the fire service. I created it while in ed. meth. class. When the word got out what I had done, I have since been asked to present it to surrounding fire departments in our area. I am glad to share it with anyone who wants to pass the tradition of our fire service on! You can change anything that you wish to fit your own needs. Hope it helps, brother!

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service