Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Bob Franklin's Discussions (25)

Discussions Replied To (19) Replies Latest Activity

"Hello Moe, When using an elevated master stream there is a tremndou amount of heat b…"

Bob Franklin replied Jun 7, 2010 to Fog Tip vs Straight Tip Nozzles on Elevated Master Stream

20 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Shareef Abdu Nur

"Hi Colin, We developed a simple "rule of thumb" friction loss for our engineers. 1-…"

Bob Franklin replied Apr 6, 2009 to Hydraulic equations

19 Apr 12, 2009

"Hi John, As a Waterous Field Mechanic for over 35 years, here is what you have. The…"

Bob Franklin replied Mar 30, 2009 to What is the "Best" way to remove the engine from pump gear??

13 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Bob Franklin

"Hey John When taking the pump out of pump position to road position, when you go to…"

Bob Franklin replied Mar 20, 2009 to What is the "Best" way to remove the engine from pump gear??

13 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Bob Franklin

"Hey Nate, Several years ago I did a two year study in attack nozzles for our fire de…"

Bob Franklin replied Mar 20, 2009 to 75psi vs 50 psi fog nozzles?

15 Oct 12, 2011

"Daniel, Our nozzle presssure was 50 psi. Our actual pump discharge pressure is 90 ps…"

Bob Franklin replied Dec 24, 2008 to Nozzle Type

19 Jan 21, 2009
Reply by Nate Brown

"Scott, Thanks a million for your input. I would very much like to talk with you on t…"

Bob Franklin replied Dec 4, 2008 to Countywide Fire Protection District

4 Dec 4, 2008
Reply by Bob Franklin

"Hi Mike, As a pump mechanic for over 35 years and a firefighter with 39 years exper…"

Bob Franklin replied Dec 4, 2008 to Pumps. New Ideas?

3 Dec 4, 2008
Reply by Kirk Allen

"Joel, My fire district has had to drop back and put some of our 09 projects on hold…"

Bob Franklin replied Nov 27, 2008 to Fire Department Budgeting in Tough Economic Times

9 Jan 27, 2009
Reply by Andy Marsh

"Hey Don, Give me your mailing adress and I will send you a copy of our JPR IFSTA 4t…"

Bob Franklin replied Aug 25, 2008 to revamp of recruit training

4 Aug 27, 2008
Reply by Don DeBias

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service