Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Good Morning everyone...

I should probably re-introduce myself... became a member of these forums what seems like a long time ago, specifically join the "Common Sense Firefighting" group for all the great information being exchanged here.  I check in often, but rarely post myself.  I'm a bit of a ghost here.  I hope to change that in the future.

Question for the group:  Are there members here who work for agencies that utilize SOP/SOGs for use of search ropes, whether it be for large rooms searches, RIT deployment, etc.?

Last September, I finally made down to Illinois for the Rapid Intervention Company Operations (RICO) class put on by LT. Mike Mason of Downers Grove FD.  The highlight of the class for me was the instruction I received in large room searches, or "rope assisted" searches.  I brought the information back to my crew and it was well-received.  My goal is to justify to management the need to have search ropes on all front-line fire apparatus.  We presently have a RIT search line that is part of the complement of RIT equipment we stage for deployment if needed, but I want to take it a step further and add a search line to our "offensive firefighting" tool box.

Is anyone here following a SOP/SOG for search ropes on your agency, and would you be willing to share that information with me? 

Thanks in advance for help, brothers and sisters.

Matt Erdman    

Views: 289

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service