Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

This is not exactly how I wanted to start my blog posts this week, but I just have to share.

I went for a jog last night along Indianapolis' beautiful channel walkway in an attempt to work off the 50 lbs of meatloaf I ate at the Weber Grill. The weather was amazing, there were very few people out and I had the entire path to myself - that is until I met digger (I know this because his owner kept calling his name). Digger is a Bulldog and he must have known that I'm a cat person because he turned what was a leisurely jog into a 100 yard sprint. I swear, I didn't know Bulldogs could run that fast! Anyone that knows the channel that I'm speaking of knows there are very few places to get off, and in my case I had four options, be Digger's dinner, jump into the water, climb the wall, or run like crazy - I of course, ran like the wind. I'm just glad he tired of the chase before I collapsed from exhaustion:)

I must have a way with dogs - this is my fourth close-call this year. My cat just rolls over for a tummy rub...

More sketches coming tomorrow, hopefully without the drama of yesterday!

Views: 409

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich on March 23, 2011 at 12:48pm

Paul:

What you just described is the reason why I ride a bicycle.

My titanium knees would not outrun a mastiff.

The best I could hope for is that they would break a tooth when they bite into my "knees of steel".

Dogs with short legs can't gallop, but they can scat like hummingbirds, I swear.

Glad there are no injuries to report.

Comment by Paul Combs on March 23, 2011 at 5:38am
No, I can't keep up with that guy - whether here in the conference floor or out on the course:)
Comment by Mike France on March 22, 2011 at 1:27pm
Nice

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service