Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

My station is building a training prop out of an old shed. One thing we would like to add is a forcible entry prop. Something that we can force with the irons and maybe the hydraram. It would be best if we could use both sides so we could practice on inward and outward swinging doors. Any info on what has worked well for your department would be great. Pics would be even better. Thanks in advance.

Views: 3141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike
At FDIC the best door prop ever made was used in the forcible entry class. It was designed by Mike Perrone of FDNY who owns Fire Innovations you can contact him at miperro56@aol There is no better door anywhere it will do everything you want and it will outlast you and me. Mike is great guy, all doors are custom made by Mike and satisfaction is assured. I wouldn't say it if I hadn't used it myself ,it feels acts and reacts like the real thing.
Your Brother Bobby
Mike,

Mr. Halton has the low down on Mr Peronne's prop. Also, if you have someone handy with a welder (like a tech rescue member) you can make one fairly easily that you can replace hardware on. I will take some images of the one built by one of our engineers. it has replaceable steel angle iron pieces (6") as well as flat pieces so you ruin those cutting bolts, forcing doors, etc., not the doors.

I will add them here with the credits to Engineer Mike Scarpella of South Metro (Colorado) Fire Rescue
Gentlemen, the Multi-Force Forcible Entry Door System by Firehouse Innovations just launched their website. Based on Long Island and created by a 28 Year Veteran FDNY Firefighter from L-175, the door is being used right now at "The Rock" on Randalls Island (FDNY Training Academy).

http://firehouseinnovations.com

http://www.firehouseinnovations.com/video/WebVideo2.mpg
Attachments:
Looks like a great prop, probably a little more than we are looking to spend, but it was a great training video!

Dave Collado said:
Gentlemen, the Multi-Force Forcible Entry Door System by Firehouse Innovations just launched their website. Based on Long Island and created by a 28 Year Veteran FDNY Firefighter from L-175, the door is being used right now at "The Rock" on Randalls Island (FDNY Training Academy).

http://firehouseinnovations.com

http://www.firehouseinnovations.com/video/WebVideo2.mpg
The door looks great. how does the price compare to the friction force? The regional school I work with has a home spun door using similar technique. Our door's design limits the technique we can teach. I like this prop. How many forces can you get before the door needs some attention? Please send any info back to me as far as ordering and pricing. Nice web site.
Jeff, Mike
This is the door I was speaking about the builder is Mike Perrone of FDNY who owns Firehouse Innovations you can contact him at miperro56@aol. Tell him Bobby sent you and you want the Fire Engineering community discount!
Here is a video which is on my page taken on course given by The Brotherhood Instructors. Some of which work for the FDNY. Such as Dave Collado who was present for this course.
Something all fire departments should train with.

Find more videos like this on Fire Engineering Training Community
Thanks Chief, I will do that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service