Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I feel like a tool posting this, but I' looking for the meaning behind these colors. I know black (like the black tops of CFD) is for those we lost but I don't remember what red and white or Gold means in the grand scheme. I belive Red was for honor but again I'm not 100% sure.

Can you help a brother.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rick,
Would you refresh as to what kind of rigs, or load pictures?

Thanks,
Larry
Without up loading pictures, say a traditional Chicago, or NYFD engine/ladder truck, black on top, red body, white stripe, and gold lettering. I know these colors mean something, unfortunately I've forgotten.
I Dunno.......... I'm not sure either, but one thing is quite obvious - There are one heck of a lot of different color schemes out there. Here's one of my rigs......
Attachments:
Buy Rick Lasky's book..He'll explain everything you need to know.Is that a plug?
Chicago Fire Dept does not have blue lights, on is red the other is green.
Wow, I was only looking for the meaning of three TRADITIONAL colors red, black and gold. Black is for the Fallen Brothers, Red is for Honor, and I don't know what Gold is supposed to mean, like the gold in gold trim/letters on the side of the truck/engine/rescue/support vehicle. Thanks for the heads up on the Rick Lasky's book, I'll go find it. And Mike, you're right about the red and green, referring to port and starboard respectfully.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service