South Kitsap Fire Rescue
Title/rank:
Firefighter
Years of public service:
4 total 2.5 of them career
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
We were just approved for a grant to purchase a new Ladder truck. EMS levy that if we do not pass we will lose 25% of out budget. Yikes!!
Professional Qualifications:
Firefighter I & II, HAZMAT OPPS, EMT-B, Instructor I
Bio:
2nd generation firefighter started riding at 16 and became a volunteer/ resident/ part time paid at 18 for 3 different fire department. at 19 I was hired full time. I just recently joined the Puget Sound FOOLS and am learning a lot about traditions and the brotherhood of the fire service. I can't get enough of it and am truely blessed to have made friends with guys from all around the country since becoming a FOOL.

Comment Wall:

• PJ Burt

Good to see half of your face, I did the same thing. Check out the groups there is some great info on here.
  • Todd McKee

Welcome, to the greatest training site in the world! This is where the serious trainers come together and grow as a family. I would like to invite you to visit the HazMat Group called HazMat News & Training. Feel free to share your thoughts. Todd C. McKee
  • Eric Hankins

Brother,

Welcome to the site. It is a terrifc place to learn and grow as a fireman. Check it out and dig into discussions.

I got your email earlier today. I feel your pain Brother. Every young gung ho fireman has faced the same issues when they started. I will reply in more depth in my email to you. Just Keep the Faith and Do The Right Thing, and you'll be fine.

And always ALWAYS remember.... Never talk while the Pipes are playing Grace.... :-)

Be safe, Have fun,

Your Brother,

Eric
  • Chad Berg

Welcome Lindsey, and it was good to see you yesterday and Andy's Memorial Service. Wish you could have joined us for a round, but it's great you got to bring your apparatus.
  • Sven Schievink

Good to see you on here Austin
  • Chad Berg

That's how it should be......
  • Todd McKee

Austin Did you get a chance to look at the HAzMat Group Todd
  • Todd McKee

AWE Brother! Take a look at you make the call in the group, read the topic and then read the comments and then let me know what you think. Your not the only one that has said about the screw lose! If HazMat freaks you out wait till you see what the job of none hazmat guys are! Todd
  • Ben Fleagle

How ya doin' Brother? I'm busy as ever. Enjoyed meeting you and your Washington Brothers at the Convention. Hope to meet up again sometime soon. Be safe.
  • Ben Fleagle

You heard I'd be at the camp out? I'd love to be. Really!! But I've can't get away for it. Wish I could be there.

As for the other thing, my uncle in Balto. Co. Fire always said: "Observe, Evaluate, Maintain your flexibility, always bobbing and weaving and don't give the bastards a clear shot at you!"

Call if you need to.

Bobbin and Weavin' - Fleagle
  • Ben Fleagle

You will have a great time with Brent. Just watch out for him in the night..