Department:
Florissant Valley Fire Protection District
Title/rank:
Battalion Chief
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Professional Qualifications:
Co-owner and Lead Instructor for Engine House Training, LLC. I have been in the fire service for over 25 years. I am a Battalion Chief in North St. Louis County. My hometown department where I started as a volunteer is now a combination department where I am a deputy chief and fire marshal.
Topics you provide training for:
Firefighter health and safety, fire ground operations, leadership and officer development, recruit training and water rescue at lower levels.
Bio:
Check out our training group at www.enginehousetraining.com
Web site:
http://enginehousetraining.com

Comment Wall:

• Paul J De Bartolomeo

Jason,
    I enjoyed that thread and discussing it with you. Thanks for keeping it civil. We can all learn a great deal by remaining open minded in discussing fire tactics intelligently. I read your blog's and think thats great stuff keep up the good work and as always stay safe.
    Paul D
  • Paul J De Bartolomeo

Jason,
    We still use the written log book system know as the Journal or "The Book". The house watchman is responsible for keepng the book updated at all times throughout the day and night. Typical entries include responses out of and returning to quaters, daily drill activities, incoming personell, visitors entering quaters, cheifs entering quaters, and unusual occurences to name a few. Our responses are also entered into the NYFIRS computer system upon returning to quaters by the officer on duty. Our hosewatch is manned 24 hours a day at 3 hour intervals.
    Paul
  • Skip Stephens

Thanks for the add Jason!
  • Michael Bricault (ret)

-Wow, huge difference!! Clean, organized and safe looking.