Christian Cossey

36, Female

Clovis, CA.

United States

Profile Information:

Lives in:
4085 North Peach Avenue Apt. 147 Fresno, Ca. 93727
Department:
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) / Clovis City Fire Department (no longer work for either company)
Title/rank:
Firefighter / Firefighter EMT
Years of public service:
5 / 1
Agency structure:
Combination fire department
Top issues in your department:
Training and safety.
Topics you provide training for:
CPR and AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
Bio:
I love slushies from 7-11. I'm deathly afraid of penguins. I don't know why, I just am. I have about a million different personalities. I'm the athlete, the musician, the writer, the photographer, the emo girl, the punk, and so much more. I try to find some form of interest in everything. I'm really good at turning boring situations into great fun situations. I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions. I'm not one for complaining. I'm running out of sympathy and I still don't sleep. I don't take anything lying down. Ummmm let's see, I'm 5'9" and 139 pounds. My hair color is always changing and I have hazel eyes. I love BMX racing. I became a professional BMX racer in January of 2007. I like dirt jumping, flatland and do some street riding on my bike as well. I also love aggressive rollerblading. I turned professional in rollerblading in 2006. I also love to MTB, skateboard, MX, wakeboard, snowboard, play paintball, baseball, and hockey. I also love playing every instrument possible. I can play the electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and piano. Monster Energy Drinks and Lucky Charms rock. I love just chillin' and watching movies and listening to music. I love to travel. I have been all over the United States, Canada, and Australia. I'd really love to go to Germany (No, I'm not a Nazi lol). I believe this society has gone to hell and not too many people care either. One thing I don't like about the majority of people is that they don't try to fix a problem until it's already too late and unfixable. I think the war we are fighting now is for a dumb reason. I lost a brother to this current war. I'm not a tree hugging hippie and I'm not an all out kill everyone type of person. I believe in fighting when it is needed, and fighting is not really needed that much. Most people just believe it is. Well guess what, it's not. Sometimes I wish people would just open their eyes and notice that such a great place is just going to waste. I highly doubt a lot of people would notice though. Half of them are just decaying in a world of greed and hate and they don't even know it. Right now I'm still in school. I have my AA in Journalism and I'm working on my BA in Criminology. I also have my BS in Political Science. If there is anything else you wanna know about me just ask. Either message me. My Yahoo! IM is: cosseychristian My AIM IM is: kristencossey My MSN IM is: firefighterbmxchick@hotmail.com
Web site:
http://www.cosseyprobmx.webs.com

Comment Wall:

• Robert William Hoven

I'm Sorry, It's not for everybody. Yall just HANG IN THERE!! I will be here if you need some Alabama advice( HA HA )
  • Shawn Tibbitts

I just had another thought on your problem, ( I only know so little info, in reality I should keep my nose out) However Your husband is a buisy man as well as yourself with your dreams, is it possible that due to your buisy lifes the two of you have been drifting possibly for awhile and its now just coming to a head? Perhaps it may be more benificial to not bring the work worlds into it for now. and instead try to bring the love back to your lifes you might not even have known has started to drift. With a strong bond anything is possible. Your two worlds a vary similar after all your both in the buisness to change lives and make the world a better place. You know I watched the worst movie last night, I hate to be secretly preached to and thats what this movie did. It was dumb, corney and I kinda liked it. Not becouse of the movie itself but becouse of a thimble of info I walked away with. You might want to check it out it might help. But please realize i am worning you how dumb of a movie it is, try to take it as a comedy with a good message. It called "fireproff" dont laugh... Just check it out, and try to keep an open mind. Its really easy to pick on it so at the least it will make you laugh. Good luck little sis, I hope things work out for you. Try to remember loved ones and dreams go hand in hand, you cant really appreciate one with out the other.
  • Todd Trudeau

Christian,
    Just a quick note to see how you're doing.
    Todd
  • Sean Stumbaugh

Hey Sis,

Things are going well here, it's nice to hear from you and see your update. I found it kinda funny that you are going to Reedley College and Fresno Pacific. I went to Reedley and my wife went to both schools.
    Don't worry about the Fire Service, it will be here if you decide to come back. If you don't you'll always be a member, and have many sisters and brothers standing by.
    I hope your surgery goes well. One word of advice; ween yourself off pain meds slowly, but as soon as you can! Those things are bad and have side effects. Some can cause hearing loss!
    Let us know how things go and keep up the good work. Get your schooling done, there is always time to work!

Take care,
    Sean
  • Sean Stumbaugh

Cool. I had knee surgery a few years ago and had some issues with the pain meds. I think the most important thing I learned was to slowly reduce the dose so your body can adjust. I tried going cold turkey and kinda freaked out!
    You'll be fine. Again, I hope it goes well!

Take care,
    Sean
  • Ben Fleagle

Hey Christian! Good to hear from you! I hope all is well in your world, getting back to where you want to be? Things are good for me, life isn't always easy at any point, but life is good. Are you back with the department?
  • tony marzo

things are good thanx. ski season is starting which brings higher call volume for the next several months. lots of folks from sea level do not understand what high altitude does to the body. then add alcohol, not sleeping and not eating well. that often adds up to a visit from me and a more expensive vacation than planned. fun for us though. we always welcome firefighters to come visit us. even get some turns in at the resort. peace
  • Douglas Alan Brinkley

Not bad, working today we assisted with incoming honor flights at the Airport. Trucks were checked, we sat down for briefing, completed EMS training, the Tower transferred on mutual aid call, and the Wagon is about to head out and conduct fire surveys / inspections. Life is good Thank You very much, how are things on your end?
  • peter laurimore

Hey going good how are things in your world going? Getting any run's?
  • Chris Johnson

So how are things down south? Things up here are going good. Talk to you again.

Chris
  • brandon earley

i'm well. how are you?
  • Todd Holderfield

Good how are you? So you have to have surgery?
  • Jeff Carman

Good Chrisrian-

How are things down south?

Jeff
  • Todd Holderfield

Damn that sucks I hope all goes well with that. How long you gonna be out from firefighting? You'll be in my prayers.
  • Ben Fleagle

Well then, you've got plenty of sitting at home time to brush up on your knowledge!! If you can't work the body, work the brain! OooRAh! By the way, its the Marine Corps Birthday!
  • Ben Fleagle

Christian:

Saws are fun, but at -40, they can be a bit challenging. As always, good to hear from you again. Hope your holiday was a blessing.
  • Ben Fleagle

Take Care, Sis. You hang in there and we'll hear from you when you're up again! I be bringing your name up to the Good Lord.
  • Ben Fleagle

Glad to hear you are doing well!!
  • Ben Fleagle

I work at University Fire in Fairbanks, Alaska. We're the Western half of the town, including the hills and South of town along the Tanana River. We are based on the University of Alaska campus, but have a house down in the off campus response area as well. So, two station department, staffed by 10 officers, and roughly 40 firefighters.
  • Adam Gannaway

Hey,
    It's going good. How about yourself. Haven't been on for a while. Talk at you later.
  • Ben Fleagle

As in everything there are pro's and con's, and sometimes I miss the big department feel. I started at Orange Co. Fire Authority (back when it was OCFD). But I do not regret coming up to Alaska and I work for a department that I really respect.
  • Ben Fleagle

Absolutely, but some of that is me learning over the years to be content. Things are pretty much the same wherever you go, especially since "you" are the main ingredient in all of your experiences. So after wandering alot, always wondering if the grass was greener somewhere else. Finally realized I needed to contribute where I was and invest in where I was, then I could be content. It paid off.
  • Adam Gannaway

what did u have done? get to feelin better.
  • Adam Gannaway

That sucks. Hope you're feeling better.
  • Adam Gannaway

Not bad myself. Trying to stay warm. We had alot of snow fall this past week here. We had one car wreck on the interstate the day we had the snow fall. I didn't make it I was at work when it happened. Talk at you later.
  • Robert William Hoven

Hello Ms Cossey, So far evewrything is O.K. I HOPE you had a Great Christmas and are being Safe for New Years, We (Ms.Hoven and I) Graduated from the Alabama Fire College 160 Course. Its GREAT to hear from you
    Lt. Robert Hoven
    LVFD
  • Robert William Hoven

MERRY CHRISTMAS (LATE) U B CAREFUL!!!!
  • Robert William Hoven

Ms. Cossey, I had no idea your were on the injured list, I am so SORRY. Is there anything I can do for you?? It was a Great experience, I'm glad it's over. I work shift work and a lot of times I'd work all night Friday and then sit in class all day Saturday. THANK YOU for the gift. You HOLLER if you need anything O.K.
    Your Freind lt.me
  • Ben Fleagle

Just checkin' in, Little Miss. How you healing up?
  • Ben Fleagle

O.k, miss. Lets review...heal first, prevent further accidents from keeping you off the job. Goin' a** over tea kettle isn't in the book of healing...glad it wasn't worse.
  • Ben Fleagle

Hey, just lay low and heal up as quickly as you can. You know the drill, eat right, work out (to a manageable level) and spend your down time sharpening your mind. Keep in touch! I'm rootin' for ya!
  • Ben Fleagle

Hey Sister:

We have been hoppin' up here in the Northland, several fires due to heating sources in this weather. Temps have ranged from -20 down to -40 or so and its been a brutal few weeks. Latest was a nice stop by the boys yesterday morning at a multiple family dwelling. I've managed to pull a muscle in my leg, but I'm off (hobbling along) to go teach Building Construction tonight. Good to hear from you Christian!! I trust you are healing up, ......safely.

Ben
  • Ben Fleagle

Glad to hear you're improving. As for me, just a muscle in my hip, that goes to the top of the femur. Once in a while (once a year maybe) I pull that little thing, and I don't even know how it occurs. Its called the pirifoma muscle, and when inflamed aggravates the sciatic nerve, causing pain in the buttock and leg. The term "pain in my butt" originates from this condition. I bet you were wondering. lol. It'll heal up quick.
  • Ben Fleagle

Hey Tiger. Just checked out your status updates. Fractured your hip. Hmm. Didn't stay off the motorcycle like you were supposed to did you? Don't know what we're gonna do with you, kid. I'm good. Weather is warmer, daylight is back, do some fishin' soon.
  • Orlando Segarra

Hi Christian Hope all is well....;-}
  • Frandinata

hi, nice to meet You.
  • Frandinata

Fine, U?