Department:
Grinnell Fire Department
Title/rank:
A**'t Chief of Training
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Combination fire department
Top issues in your department:
Training for today for challenges of tomorrow, Learning how to interact Old School minds with New Technology
Professional Qualifications:
FF1 &2, Instructor 1 &2, Inspector 1 ,HAZ-MAT Tech Red Cross Instructor, IS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700.
Topics you provide training for:
Confined Space Rescue, Firefighter 1&2, AED, CPR classes.
Areas of expertise:
Confined Space Rescue & Firefighter 1&2 classes
Bio:
1989-1991 Firefighter, Toledo, IA
1991-1996 Lieutenant, Training Officer
1996-1998 Firefighter, Grinnell, IA
1998-1999 Captain, Training Officer
1999-2005 A**'t Chief
2005-2008 Captain, Training Officer
2008-present A**'t Chief of Training
I am an instructor for many including Professional Rescue Innovations, Iowa State Fire Service, ICCC, MCC and Red Cross. I really enjoy spending time with my wife Lori, and two little firefighters, Blake, 7, and Tyler 5.
Web site:
http://www.prirescue.com/TheTrainingEdge/TheTrainingEdge.html

Comment Wall:

• Dan Walker

The Sky is the limit on Training and that is what I shoot for.Never look down...
  • Tim Zehnder

Good to see ya here stay safe and keep in touch
  • Tim Zehnder

Got it Thanks
  • Jeffrey Post

That's a good picture, I'd like to see some more of any rope evolutions you do.
  • Tim Zehnder

Dan any time you need another for training in Iowa let me know and I would love to come down and work with you and your team.
  • Tim Zehnder

I saw it at Indy it is great we are ordering them for the dept. Take care
  • Tim Zehnder

It came from RIT Rescue you can go to their web site and check it out. Check out the video that I posted It really turned out great.
  • Tim Zehnder

Whats going on? Have not heard from you in awhile
  • Tim Zehnder

You guys should come up to our state school in the 1st weekend in March
  • Shanna Hanson

If you email me your contact info I will get it to her.

How is the flood recovery process going?
  • Tim Zehnder

I will send your dept a Fire School Poster and that will have the hotels on it as well as the class list Try and get in to the Country Inn
  • Tim Zehnder

I have lots of places they are starting to move I will send you and email on Mon and let you know what weekends are open and baybe we can get togather
  • Angela Little

Had to get caught up on some stuff. Chief knows about it cuz I went and talked to him that day.
  • Mindy Bruecken

Thanks for the welcome AC, I heard about this from Brad Buck, who is the President of the Des Moines Area Metro FOOLS. Happy Friday!
  • Jordan Smith

Thanks for the imput.
  • Todd McKee

Thanks BRO!

Tell him to Join the Beverly Hills Supper Club Group.

Todd McKee
  • Shanna Hanson

Sorry I didn't get back to you on the sprinkler issue. Obviously, it passed :)

Our station is downtown behind the convention center and a few of the New England firefighters/officers/chiefs stopped by the morning after it passed.
  • Marnie Price

Thanks, Dan! I feel honored to be surrounded by all this experience. I will definitely check out the company drills.
  • Harry Carter

Thank you.
  • Dan Walker

IOWA FIREFIGHTERS, Iowa Fire Training,
    NATA Fire School Nov. 1&2, 2008 Fort Dodge, IA Check out the brochure on www.prirescue.com
  • Angela Little

Hey I got that job at the hospital in Mtown! Thanks for the reference!!
  • Todd McKee

Please allow me to invite you to the group called Unique HazMat Incidents. I will be presenting this at 2009 FDIC and would love to hear some of your thoughts. We are currently talking about some real interesting issues.
    Todd McKee
  • Angela Little

I have my Physical and paper work this coming up Wednesday so sometime after then. Are we doing Haz-Mat stuff for next drill cuz I might not be there.
  • Tim Zehnder

How are ya Check out Minnesota fireservice.com we are doing an Inst./Training officer weekend in St. Cloud in Jan. NtL Speakers and all programs directed to training, hope you can make it
  • Angela Little

Check out this site... http://www.thebattalion.tv/
    Its a website that does Webisodes on fire and ems depts in West and East coast and soon some in the midwest. Think its from the same ppl who used to have a show on the Boston Fire Dept on the History Channel.
  • Tim Zehnder

What are you doing hanging out at he web? No Fire to fight. I am in Wisconsin going Deer hunting in the morning.
  • Tim Zehnder

Cool web site, I tink we should work togather it would be a great partnership
  • Tim Zehnder

Yep all weekend I am the advocate for Minnesota you should become an Advocate it very cool family to be a part of. Are you going to have a chance to come to the minnesota inst conf. it is in St. Cloud Jan 17, 18, 19 Tim Sendlbach is comming for the weekend if you can make it bring friends and get with me and I will get you the info
  • Tim Zehnder

No he is one of our Asst. Chiefs from Truman
  • Tim Zehnder

no deer yet I still have black powder left starts this weekend happy thanksgiving to you t
  • Jan Harkner-Abbs

Happy Holiday Dan! jan
  • Rick Fritz

Iowa is the best kept secret in the U.S. I miss it!