City of Concord, NH - Tower Ladder Co. 1
Title/rank:
Fire Lieutenant
Years of public service:
Since 1993
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
A steadily increasing call volume with flat staffing levels.
Professional Qualifications:
NH FF III, NH Instructor III, NH Officer II, A.S.: Fire Science, A.S.: Fire Investigation, B.S.: Fire Science Management, M.S.: Instructional Design & Technology
Topics you provide training for:
Back to Basics Topics: Engine Co. Operations, stretching & advancing handlines, hydraulics & pumping/water supply, Truck Co. Operations, portable ladder skills, forcible entry, primary search & Vent-Enter-Search, roof operations, saw skills, etc.
Areas of expertise:
Training program management, innovative instructional design, curriculum delivery methodology improvement, development of e-learning solutions that actually connect with the student, instructor professional development.
Bio:
I have been in the fire service since 1993, currently serving as a Fire Lieutenant in the City of Concord, NH, where I've worked since 2000. I previously worked and volunteered for several other NH departments, getting my start at the Meadowood County Area Fire Department & Fire Training Center.

I am a Senior Staff Instructor at the New Hampshire Fire Academy and have worked as an adjunct professor in the Fire Science program at Lakes Region Community College; I have also assisted with Hands-On Training (H.O.T.) at Firehouse Expo in Baltimore, MD and taught several week-long programs in South America. I'm the President of the Fire Instructors & Officers Association of New Hampshire and a member of IAFF Local #3195.
Web site:
http://www.fioanh.org

Comment Wall:

• Ric Jorge

Hey Chris, what a surprise!
    thanks, it has been a very strange time in our FD right now. Ray's death has really shcocked everyone.
    I am looking forward to seeing you in N.H> soon.
    Laters bro, stay low and stay strong.
    Ric
  • Brenda Murphy Tenney

Hey Chris - when are you and the brinde headed for a CT visit?
  • PJ Johnson

Brother Johnson,
    Look forward to catching up to you at Cumberland County. Looks like we will have a great group up there. See you then
    Be Safe Bro!
    PJ