Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Mark Gregory's Comments

Comment Wall (33 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 5:13pm on May 3, 2011, Richard Miller said…
Hey Mark hope all iswellback in East Quogue. Give me a call when you can
Richard Miller 5712382524
At 11:11am on March 11, 2010, Barry Aptt said…
Finally got a chance to see your new training site. You and Pat will do well..I wish you luck.
At 12:02pm on April 8, 2009, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Hey Mark... going to FDIC? If so drop me a line so we can catch up.
At 8:47am on November 2, 2008, Barry Aptt said…
Mark, I have a question. How many hours inititially and continuing do SOC members participate in for tech rescue disciplines?
At 7:54pm on October 15, 2008, Mark Gregory said…
Give me a shout anytime you wanna chat
At 1:10pm on October 14, 2008, Barry Aptt said…
Brother,

Sorry I missed you in Leominster. I wasn't able to get the time off from the firehouse on the 11th. Someday i'll catch up with you.
At 10:19am on October 13, 2008, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Hi Mark, sounds good. I'm looking forward to catching up in Indy at FDIC 09. Stay safe
At 10:40pm on October 10, 2008, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Hey Mark... are you going to Vegas next week for the conference?
At 6:41am on October 10, 2008, Mark Gregory said…
Good luck on the seminar. 5 away on the BC LIST, WOW we are getting old. Member when we were wet nosed SOC guys.....
At 9:41pm on October 9, 2008, Danny Sheridan said…
I am in Santiago Chile getting ready to do a seminar on Saturday. This will be my first time lecturing in Spanish. On VL til Nov 3, don´t know what is going to happen with promotion? still 5 away.
At 9:26pm on October 9, 2008, Danny Sheridan said…
Where is 111?
At 5:31pm on September 28, 2008, Jill Howell said…
Hi Mark, I'm nobody, just an old grandma but I have a "burning" question for you or anyone else here that might know.

A few days ago, during some pretty bad visibility weather my sister and I were sitting at the end of South Jamesport Avenue (in Jamesport:) 40 56 02 42N and 72 34 35 02W (latitude and longitude).

Looking across and slightly to the west we saw what must have been a white water tower above the trees in the distance.

We've been going nuts since trying to figure out the location of the tower.

Google earth seems to place it as somewhere around East Quogue. IF that's human visibility possible. If not, it seems it would have to be in Flanders somewhere.

IF it was a little farther west it's also possible it might have been the one near the police facility impound yard on Drag street in Westhampton (off Old Country Road, around the RR tracks. That one is at least white but it doesn't appear big enough to be visible.

There's also one on Old Meeting House Road in Quiogue but that one's red and white.

We've not been able to locate any other in Flanders OR East Quogue although both seem to have been considered as cites for fire observation towers at some time. I don't know when, or if, that was ever done.

So....If you have any ideas and the time, we'd be grateful if you can help us get to the bottom of this mystery.

And yes, we both seem to have a little too much time on our hands but still....

My E-mail is jjillylilly@aol.com. If you do answer this query perhaps you might send me a private answer in case I get lost on my way back to this site and, in the mean time look out for a couple old bats searching for water towers. We'lll let YOU know if we find it:)
At 9:35pm on September 24, 2008, jake youkers said…
hey mark tht was relly good trainnning and u guys did a good job ok and if by any chance can i get a ladder 111 shirt message me back
At 7:26pm on September 14, 2008, Barry Aptt said…
Mark, I'm trying to get the time off so I can come to the ladder ops class in Leominster I am sure it'll be worth it
At 4:27pm on August 18, 2008, Brian Dalrymple said…
Mark,
I while back we talked about different halligan took modifications. You mentioned that you had added a lock puller to one that you had. Do you think you could send me a picture of the modification you did? You can shoot it to my work email: brian.dalrymple@richmondgov.com. I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Brian
At 3:36pm on August 11, 2008, chris conforti said…
That makes sense. Thank you for getting back to me.
Chris Conforti
At 9:06pm on May 28, 2008, Barry Aptt said…
Just got your message. Position tools and your answer is something I was looking for thanks
At 9:26am on May 28, 2008, Barry Aptt said…
Good to see you on here again brother. I just started a discussionin on riding positions, tools to carry etc any adivce?
At 8:31pm on May 23, 2008, Brian Dalrymple said…
Thanks Lt. Like I said, I've gone back and forth on that one for a while now. Is it still that case in the FDNY that the officers are not supposed to carry "large" tools, hence the development of "officers tools"?
At 5:13pm on May 23, 2008, Brian Dalrymple said…
Actually, I put the lock pulling V on my 24" halligan also. Is yours 24" or smaller?

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service