Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Tom Kiurski's Comments

Comment Wall (4 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 10:12am on July 13, 2010, Pierre-Louis LAMBALLAIS said…
Hi Tom,
I'm a flashover instructor, meaning (in French sens) I instruct flashover trainers, who them instruct FF. I've made course for guys who are FF in Portugal, Brasil, Poland, France, Switzerland and Belgium.
It's very hard to reply to your last doc about flashover because I'm very sorry to read such mistakes. But in one way, it's not surprising: the 150 instructors I've instructed were all thinking the same things like you, and the (about) 5000 FF they instructed were thinking the same. :)

- There is NO FF killed by flashover.
- Using PPV is the worst thing you can do
- YES flashover is time dependant
- NO you CAN'T cool the gaz with an extinguisher

As many FF, you are just missing some small keys. And as you don't these keys, you "imagine" a few things. Like the churchmen who thought the earth was like a plane, and who created a logical system for explaining that. It's was of a great interest... but wrong.

I'll be very pleased to have a good discussion with you, and to invite you in a training container (not like the one of Sweede).

Best regards
Pierre-Louis / pl.lamballais@flashover.fr
At 3:19pm on August 11, 2008, Todd McKee said…
Please take a look at the second hazmat group called hazmat training and news. Share your thoughts so we can learn from each other. Todd McKee
At 8:24pm on April 19, 2008, Julie Simmons said…
Hey Tom, welcome! I will get you a book picture next week. One good thing to do is just go to the Members link & start searchign for folks you know. Or just visit my page -- many of your fellow authors are there.
At 8:41pm on April 14, 2008, Jonathan Kaye said…
Two things come to mind regarding drills for a TIC. MSA created a game that uses a TIC, called Fire Slayer. You can reach it off their web site at http://www.msanorthamerica.com/catalog/product500850.html.

Second, we created a very basic drill for using a TIC to estimate remaining liquid/product in a rail car:

http://www.fireengineering.com/display_article/320582/25/none/none/SIMUL/Hazmat-simulation:-Automobile-vs.-Tank-Car

I hope these help!

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service