Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Nick Perkins's Comments

Comment Wall (4 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 9:39am on March 17, 2010, Michael J. Anderson said…
Hey man take a look at the latest CAFS convo in the Foam discussion.
At 3:47pm on July 22, 2009, Sean Stumbaugh said…
Nick,

Need some mutual aid on CAFS. Do you guys have a minimum CAFS flow for hand lines? We did some tests today and could not meet our minimum flow (150 GPM) with a "wet" CAFS line that the crews were comfortable with. We did get a good stream and manageable line at 130 GPM. This is probably adequate under most conditions, but the confined, pre-flashover fire might be another story.

I know you guys have done a lot of work on this so I'm wondering if you ever wrote it down in policy form?

Any help is appreciated!

Sean
At 8:36am on March 26, 2009, Tye Prange said…
Who k nows when the M/A stuff will go though but I am looking forward to working with you guys even more. Its about time we do some training again. Steve G, used to be our point of contact on our shift, but I guess he is at 4's now on your shift.
At 2:28pm on March 5, 2009, Scott Thompson said…
Hey Nick great to hear from a Brother here in Texas. The LODD drill is a great drill. I was worried about the same thing when we started the program in Lewisville, but the new guys did a great job with a little mentoring from the senior guys. There is an outline for the LODD drill and the First 5 Minutes drill in the group Company Drills or if you want give me your email and I will shoot you what I use. We are just now getting ready to also get it started here in The Colony......good luck and let me know how it goes.

Scott

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service