Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Let's help R.I.C./Ayudemos al R.IC. (Spanish & English)

Spanish:

R.I.C. Rapid Intervention Crew en sus siglas en Ingles, es un grupo de intervención rápida, grupo de bomberos que nos ayudarán bajo ciertas situaciones mas alla de lo normal y las que nos pude pasar y estar envueltos, a estas situaciones las llamamos "Mayday" usando el radio.

Como ayudamos a R.I.C., tan simple como poniendo en funcionamiento L.U.N.A.R. cinco letras que nos salvarán la vida y que harán mas fácil la labor al R.I.C.

Al entrar en cualquier ambiente donde vayamos a trabajar debemos conservar la calma y tratar de saber donde estamos y cual es la labor a realizar, no todas las emergencias son iguales por eso hay que poner en ellas nuestro sexto sentido, al encontrar una situación que la consideramos "Mayday" debemos guardar la calma para poder pensar y poner en practica L.U.N.A.R.

L: Localización, donde estamos situados, ej. 200 metros a la derecha al entrar por el lado A del edificio
U: Unidad, a que unidad pertenecemos, ej. Rescate 9, Escalera 1
N: Nombre, cual es el nombre, rango o numero de la persona que esta haciendo el llamado de Mayday. ej. Teniente Chan.
A: Labor Asignada, es decir, el trabajo que estaba realizando al momento del Mayday ej. rescatar, ventilar, encontrar, controlar, apagar el fuego, etc.
R: Recursos, este es un punto importante, ya que ayudará al R.I.C. a saber que va a necesitar para rescatar al bombero en problemas, ej. si el bombero indica que esta perdido y se esta quedando sin aire, R.I.C. llevara botellas de aire y una TIC (cámara Infrarroja térmica) mas algunas herramientas.

Guardando la calma, tratando de hablar con calma y siguiendo las ordenes del Comando de Incidentes, lograremos ser ayudados.

Esta labor es titánica y no hay super hombres, si creemos estar envuelto en una situación fuera de lo normal que atente contra nuestra vida, detengamonos agarremos la radio y hablemos claro y alto: "Mayday......Mayday", nuestra vida y nuestra seguridad esta primero.

Recordemos que R.I.C. esta listo para actuar pero debe saber como, con que y hacia donde hacerlo.

English:

Let's help the RIC

RIC Rapid Intervention Crew its acronym in English, It is a quick intervention group, a group of firefighters to help us in certain situations beyond normal and we could be involved, when these situation happen We call them by radio "Mayday"

As we help RIC, as simple as putting in place LUNAR five letters that will save us and that will make easier work to RIC.

Going into any environment where we go to work we must remain calm and try to find out where we are and what is the work to be performed, not all emergencies are the same so you have to give them our sixth sense, to find a situation that we consider "Mayday" We must remain calm in order to think and put into practice LUNAR.

L: Location, where we are located, for example. 200 meters to the right as you enter the building, Side A
U: Unit, What unit we belong, for example. Rescue 9, Ladder 1
N: Name, which is the name, rank or Id number who's making the Mayday call. Example. Lieutenant Chan, 343
A: Assignment, the work being done at the time of Mayday ie.. Rescue, ventilation, find, manage, knock down fire and so on.
R: Resources, this is an important point, as it will help to know that the RIC will need to rescue the firefighter in trouble, for example. Indicates if the firefighter is lost and running out of air, RIC carry air tanks and a TIC plus some tools.

Keeping calm, trying to speak calmly and following the orders of the IC, we will be helped.

This work is daunting and there are no super men, if we be involved in a unusual situation that threatens our lives, let's stop, grab the radio and talk loud and clear:. ....."Mayday, Mayday"......, our life and safety are first.

Remember that RIC is ready to act but should know how, with what and where to do it.

Views: 239

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service