• Certified Iowa Firefighter I
• Certified Iowa Fire Instructor I
• Certified North Carolina Firefighter II
• Certified North Carolina Instructor II
• Certified North Carolina Level II HazMat
• Certified Pennsylvania Firefighter I
• Certified Pennsylvania Instructor I
• Certified Illinois Firefighter II
• Certified Illinois Instructor I
• Certified Hazardous Materials Specialist
• Former EMT-A, EMT-I.
• Certified NIMS IMS instructor, FEMA/DHS 2005
• Certified OSHA 30 hour instructor
• Former adjunct instructor Iowa State University Fire Service Extension, Ames
• Author of the book Tools of the Trade - Firefighting Hand Tools and Their Use published by Fire Engineering/PennWell Publishing 1997.
• Published articles in Fire Engineering Magazine. 11/97, 12/98, 3/02.
• Advisory Board Member, Fire Engineering Magazine
• Creator/Author of "Tools of the Trade - Fire Fighting Hand Tools and their use, Video #1 Cutting & Striking Tools", produced by Fire Engineering/PennWell Publishing 1999.
• Creator/Author of "Tools of the Trade - Fire Fighting Hand Tools and their use, Video #2 Push/Pull", produced by Fire Engineering/PennWell Publishing 2000.
• Creator/Author of "Tools of the Trade - Fire Fighting Hand Tools and their use, Video #3 Pry Tools", produced by Fire Engineering/PennWell Publishing 2000.
• Creator/Author of "Tools of the Trade - Fire Fighting Hand Tools and their use, Video #4 Power Saws", produced by Fire Engineering/PennWell Publishing 2000.
• FDIC Indianapolis & FDIC West H.O.T. Coordinator
• Advisory Board Member, Guilford Technical Community College Fire Science Program
• High Point Fire Department EMS Liaison Officer
• Formerly certified Iowa EMT-I
• Instructor Tomahawk Fire School
SURVIVOR 30 YEARS WORKING FOR CITY
Topics you provide training for:
FIREFIGHTER I AND II
Fire Officer I,II,III
Fire Instructor I and II
Engine and Truck ops
Rick Fritz – formerly served as the Battalion Chief of Training for the High Point North Carolina Fire Department. A member of the Fire Service since 1973 he has served in a variety of roles in the Fire service from volunteer through career. He is the author of Tools of the Trade, Firefighting Handtools and their use book and video series. He medically retired in 2008.
Hello, saw the add about fire helmets sell. Please contact me with details if there are still helmets avalaible. We are a museum in our firehouse with over more than 410 fire helmets. Looking for more additions.
Hello old timer! How's things with you? I saw you posted some interesting photos from FDNY, especially the one of William "Boss" Tweed. I am not sure many people in the fire service today know who he is and what he did. Also I'm looking for more info on one of the historic firefighter strikes in the late 1800's or early 1900's in I believe Boston or NY. You should know I started a group called CHAOS for fun and useful stories. Check it out
Hi Rick! So glad you shot me a note. I sent you one earlier but since I am new at this not sure if went to you or who knows where. Before I go any further I want to you to be sure and say howdy to the better half. We can never forget them.
Say, I want you to know I just released the book, Avoiding Fire Department Induced CHAOS. I think I may have mentioned it at FDIC this past year. I am self publishing so far. It only became available this past week and the interest has been very rewarding. Shoot me a mailing address and I will gladly send you a copy. You can email me at email@example.com
Well need to go. Stay in touch.
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton
Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.