Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Christian Cossey's Comments

Comment Wall (48 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 8:40pm on December 10, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
Absolutely, but some of that is me learning over the years to be content. Things are pretty much the same wherever you go, especially since "you" are the main ingredient in all of your experiences. So after wandering alot, always wondering if the grass was greener somewhere else. Finally realized I needed to contribute where I was and invest in where I was, then I could be content. It paid off.
At 2:45pm on December 10, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
As in everything there are pro's and con's, and sometimes I miss the big department feel. I started at Orange Co. Fire Authority (back when it was OCFD). But I do not regret coming up to Alaska and I work for a department that I really respect.
At 6:39am on December 9, 2009, Adam Gannaway said…
Hey,
It's going good. How about yourself. Haven't been on for a while. Talk at you later.
At 8:35pm on December 7, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
I work at University Fire in Fairbanks, Alaska. We're the Western half of the town, including the hills and South of town along the Tanana River. We are based on the University of Alaska campus, but have a house down in the off campus response area as well. So, two station department, staffed by 10 officers, and roughly 40 firefighters.
At 11:50am on December 4, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
Glad to hear you are doing well!!
At 2:32am on December 2, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
Take Care, Sis. You hang in there and we'll hear from you when you're up again! I be bringing your name up to the Good Lord.
At 7:55pm on December 1, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
Christian:

Saws are fun, but at -40, they can be a bit challenging. As always, good to hear from you again. Hope your holiday was a blessing.
At 3:59pm on November 14, 2009, micah wiles said…
good how are you
At 4:04pm on November 10, 2009, Ben Fleagle said…
Well then, you've got plenty of sitting at home time to brush up on your knowledge!! If you can't work the body, work the brain! OooRAh! By the way, its the Marine Corps Birthday!
At 9:45pm on November 9, 2009, Todd Holderfield said…
Damn that sucks I hope all goes well with that. How long you gonna be out from firefighting? You'll be in my prayers.
At 6:10pm on November 9, 2009, Matt Sutkus said…
Ah Yes, well had my dumbass decided to actually look at your pictures before saying that i woulda actually thought otherwise. So, now that weve already proved that Im a moron, where ya from?
At 3:08pm on November 9, 2009, Jeff Carman said…
Good Chrisrian-

How are things down south?

Jeff
At 6:07pm on November 8, 2009, Matt Sutkus said…
Good Brother, I hate to ask this, but where do i know u from? I apologize for having to ask, but I have a horrible memory.
At 12:49pm on November 8, 2009, Todd Holderfield said…
Good how are you? So you have to have surgery?
At 11:39am on November 8, 2009, Frank Ricci said…
I am in DC I will try to call tonight.
Be Safe,
Frank
At 11:20am on November 8, 2009, brandon earley said…
i'm well. how are you?
At 9:48pm on November 7, 2009, Chris Johnson said…
So how are things down south? Things up here are going good. Talk to you again.

Chris
At 5:03pm on November 7, 2009, peter laurimore said…
Hey going good how are things in your world going? Getting any run's?
At 2:25pm on November 7, 2009, Douglas Alan Brinkley said…
Not bad, working today we assisted with incoming honor flights at the Airport. Trucks were checked, we sat down for briefing, completed EMS training, the Tower transferred on mutual aid call, and the Wagon is about to head out and conduct fire surveys / inspections. Life is good Thank You very much, how are things on your end?
At 8:59am on November 7, 2009, tony marzo said…
things are good thanx. ski season is starting which brings higher call volume for the next several months. lots of folks from sea level do not understand what high altitude does to the body. then add alcohol, not sleeping and not eating well. that often adds up to a visit from me and a more expensive vacation than planned. fun for us though. we always welcome firefighters to come visit us. even get some turns in at the resort. peace

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archives.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Monday

Fireground Strategies

with

Guest Host: Frank Ricci

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2019   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service