Full time Firefighter Paramedic / Paid on Call Fire Captain
Years of public service:
Top issues in your department:
Quality Leadership Mentoring
A.A.S. Fire Science
Topics you provide training for:
• Volunteer company training
• Engine Company Tactics
• First Due Company Tactics
• CERT Teams and training
• EMS Training
• Firefighter Fitness
• Starting your career as a Firefighter (My biggest passion)
Areas of expertise:
Engine Co Tactics
Fire Career Hiring Process Education
My name is Brennan and I'm currently living in Hopkins Minnesota. I became a Student Firefighter from the age of 16-18 and I fell in love with the fire service while doing that. I knew this career was for me!
I then moved to Minnesota to go to a well known fire school. There I began my fire science degree. While in school I got on the Hopkins Paid On Call Fire Department in 2005 and have been there ever since. I worked my way from firefighter, to lieutenant, to Captain of the Rescue Company. I did all that while going to school full time for four years. Over the four years I gained my A.A.S. in Fire Science from Hennepin Technical College. When I completed that I spent the next two years going to Paramedic school. I graduated there and started to work for HCMC EMS in Minneapolis. I worked their full time on top of being a part time Fire Captain. After a few years of that, then Burnsville Fire Department hired me. I am currently there as a career Firefighter/Paramedic.
• I’ve served on multiple training committees with in my organization and have a passion for training and educating our teammates.
• Minnesota State Chemical Assessment team as a haz-mat specialist. (Hopkins Team is one of 11 in the state)
• I also was a former member of our Technical Rescue Team.
• I service as a CERT instructor and trainer for both cities I work for.
I continue my work at both cities and run a website on becoming a full time firefighter. I try and educate aspiring career firefighters on how to make it happen. Some of the many topics include-
• Firefighter Educations
• Application Processes
• Finding the job
• Written Exam help and preparation advise
• Interview Help
• Background and Physical Agility advise
Thank you for reviewing my bio. If you have any questions please let me know!
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.
Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail email@example.com.