Title/rank:
Assistant Chief (Ret.)
Years of public service:
Agency structure:
Paid fire department
Top issues in your department:
Finances. Budget and staffing cuts.
Topics you provide training for:
I do presentations covering both my text books. Incident Management for the Street Smart Fire Officer and;
Managing Major Fires.
I also do a presentation on Search called Searching Smarter.
Areas of expertise:
IMS, Strategy and Tactics, Search,Managing Incidents.
Bio:
Skip has retired as Assistant Chief of the Toledo Fire Department where he served for over 32 years. Skip was Tenchical Editor for Fire Engineering Magazine for over 13 years and is on the FDIC Educational Advisory Committee. Skip blogs for FE web page. He received the Tom Brennan "Life time Achievement award at FDIC in 2011.

Comment Wall:

• Skip Coleman

Please visit our Blog Site at the Home page of Fire Engneering.
  • DAVE PAFF

Hey Skip - I remember your visit to Waukegan and think of your talk often - and browse your book!
  • Eddie Buchanan

Hey Skip!

See you in Indy soon!

Be safe!

Eddie B
  • Phil Jose

Hey Skip,

Wondering how the retired life is treating you. Looking forward to seeing you at FDIC. Hope I can make your show.
  • John Lewis

Hey Skip, Did yuou ever pull the plug and retire pr are you still leading those brothers in Toledo. Things are great here in NJ 5 months under my belt as a new Lieu and things couldn't be better, well actually they could...
  • Jeff Betz

Hey Skip, just saying hello from Adrian. We've bumped into each other a few times over the years, mostly at FDIC. Take care, if I can ever find a way to get you up here someday, I'll let you know. Thanks for all you do - Jeff
  • Phil Jose

Yes, that was us. I thought "the seattle guys" moniker was stuck to us tightly enough to be instantly recognizable. Then you go and retire right away. Hardly time for me to change the credits in my search lesson to your new title. Looks like a good line-up for the roundatble live this year. Should be interesting.
  • Forest Reeder

Hey Skip, hope you are well, hope to visit with you at FDIC. Lets talk about coming back to IL for the instructors conference
  • Jay Michael

Chief
    Hope retirement is surrounded in golf. Come see what you taught me while you were in Elkhart, we are having a real good discussion on command in the Fire Ground Strategies group. Plugged your book.
  • Todd McKee

Hey Chief, Feel free to pass some of your knowledge to me...... Would love your input on my HazMat Forums....
  • Chris Pepler

Chief,
    I am a huge fan of your book. It has proven to help me not only as a firefighter, but as an Instructor too. If you have any input for my Flashover group it would be greatly appreciated.
    Chris
  • Mike Walker

Hey Chief

I've started a High-Rise Group. I would appriciate if you would join and contribute to the group. Thanks for all that you do.

Take care and God bless
  • David Ebel

Visit Emergency and Disaster Responders
    A site for responders by responders.. please check it out for yourself. Be honored to have you see for yourself.
  • Mike Walker

Just thought you'd want to know, the entire Oklahoma City Fire Department has now been formaly trained in the Oriented Search Method.
  • Todd McKee

Chief, Feel free to take a look at the HazMat forum called HazMat News and Training. Would love to hear what you have to say about te ERG discussion. Todd

If you would be kind enough to email me some info on you speaking at my local FD I would like that. toddcmckee@hazmatohio.com Todd