Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Accelerant Detection Canine / Investigations

Information

Accelerant Detection Canine / Investigations

Site where fellow canine handlers can exchange ideas, training information and fire scene information.

Members: 15
Latest Activity: Dec 1, 2015

Discussion Forum

Where to train or purchase "trained" dogs 3 Replies

Started by Michael Scanzera. Last reply by Terry McGrath Sep 4, 2008.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Accelerant Detection Canine / Investigations to add comments!

Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on April 6, 2009 at 12:54pm
Anyone withinteresting cases this last month?
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on March 31, 2009 at 6:30am
Train hard today, keep positive conditions there for your K-9 partner, and as Gary Adams says, "Trust your dog"
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on March 25, 2009 at 6:35am
Hey guys pass this website along to fellow K-9handlers. We worked a scene in Indianapolis, very large fire scene. Bailey completed pre-search of fire debris, with positive conditioned alerts at points of piles of debris 3 to 4 feet deep. When area was cleared, completed detailed search and at some points were within inches of the original canine alerts. This helps re-enforce how strong our canines nose is. Helps re-enforce how our daily training keeps us and our partners in top shape. Search web for Indy news, fire story.
Comment by Rodney Taylor on March 20, 2009 at 8:10pm
Hello all,

D.C Fire Department Fire / Arson Investigator / CFI/ K-9 Handler "Dozen"
Black Lab (3 years old) Trained @ ATF Canine (Front Royal, Va)
I've been an investigator since 04'. I've investigated approximately 700 fires. Made approximately 20 arrests.

I've been a K-9 Handler since March 08'. K-9 has worked approximately 50 fire scenes.

We're kinda busy in D.C. We get dispatched on all working fires (including accidental causes). We also investigate vehicle fires as well.
Thanks for having me.
rodneyl.taylor@dc.gov
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on February 4, 2009 at 7:50am
Atwood had house fire Tuesday on 600 West just north of Old 30, it is frozen in place, did your company get the call for scene work?
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on January 29, 2009 at 3:34pm
Hi Skip, missed your comments, was off last few days. No fires, Bailey is doing fine, Pierceton had house fire, exterior, with positive alerts, then they found suspect, positive to articles in the car, arrest made and charges filed. Times Union on 1/28
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on January 22, 2009 at 10:56am
Hey Skip, welcome aboard. You owe me lunch, and lets train next time you are in the area.
Comment by Kelly Landers on January 21, 2009 at 6:33am
I am on a volunteer department. My partner is Cynder a chocolate lab. She is 5 years old. The last 2 years we have averaged around 10-11 scenes a year.
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on January 3, 2009 at 11:04pm
Greatings to all. Hope you had a great holiday season. Any concerns or problems with your K-9 partners?
Comment by Michael D. Wilson CFEI, MDI on December 29, 2008 at 8:22am
Greatings all.

Hope everyone is doing great. Question to all, type of department? Kind of K-9 partner? Number of scenes yearly? Anything new to post reference scene activity, health, or good of the order?

Thanks,

Michael & "Bailey"

Members (15)

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service