Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

COMPANY DRILLS Discussions (31)

← Back to COMPANY DRILLS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Strategy and Tactics While Driving District - Training For The Step-Up Officer

While driving district, I would instruct my driver to pull over in front of random business's. I would give the crew some general paramete…

Started by Scott Thompson

0 Jan 18, 2012

Brotherhood Instructors: Forcible Entry Academy coming to NJ!!

Don't miss out on this great Brotherhood Instructors training class in South Jersey on June 11th!! Still seats available. Contact me for mo…

Started by Mike Carestio

0 Jun 1, 2011

BASIC Self Survival Drill

The objective of this drill is to review and reinforce firefighters on "Basic" self survival skills.   To conduct this drill, assemble fire…

1 May 17, 2011
Reply by Brian Jones

Drills to simulate pressure

I am looking for some more training drills and ideas for drills that put someone under pressure.

Started by Mark Langston

4 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by John Barrett

Who is responsible for training?

What are your thoughts? Here are mine.......... TRAINING DIVISION • Training Continuity • Department Standardization • New Operating Guid…

3 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by Dan Rice

Training record sheets

I am looking for help in developing a good individual and group training record sheet, to provide for documentation of all drills, and keep…

Started by Brian Lupinski

2 Sep 5, 2010
Reply by Brian Lupinski

Quarterly drills

I come to you today with two things. I have just recieved permission to begin doing quarterly multi company drills in our department and I…

Started by Brandon Krause

1 May 16, 2010
Reply by Bruce Clark

The Big 5 Drills

When I talk about training firefighters,I often get asked, where do I start?  After I accepted my position as chief of training with the Le…

6 Mar 2, 2010
Reply by Scott Thompson

Extrication basics

Looking for extrication drill plans, from basic cuts to complex wreck senarios, lesson plans, vids etc. Freebe would be best. Dont want to…

Started by christopher lavin

2 Feb 26, 2010
Reply by christopher lavin

The Drills in NFPA 1410

Are you using NFPA 1410, Training for Initial Emergency Scene Opearions, as part of your hands-on training program? How is it working out?…

3 Jun 20, 2009
Reply by Nate Quartier

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service