Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Tradition, TRADITION! Discussions (19)

← Back to Tradition, TRADITION!
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pride / Honor / Tradition / Public Relations

"Tradition" …….In the late 1800's, early 1900's, when the Irish immigrated to the United States, the only jobs the Irish could get were the…

Started by John Fischer

0 Jul 2, 2014

Premiere International Emergency Services Parade

In the late 1800's / Early 1900's - When the Irish immigrated to the United States in large numbers, the Irish were heavily discriminated a…

Started by John Fischer

0 Dec 13, 2013

North American Fire History

Brother and Sisters, I stumbled across this web page and thought I would pass it along, lots of great information and lots of awesome pict…

Started by Andrew Brassard

2 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by John Fischer

Life of an American Fireman 1903

I found this fantastic video from youtube.com, it depicts life as an American Fireman in 1903. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4C0gJ7BnLc

4 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by Mike France

FDNY Early 1900s- Manhattan, Bronx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhquavyMRXU

2 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by Timothy Patrick

Buffalo Fire Department 1897

Here is a fantastic video of the Buffalo, New York Fire Department in action in 1897. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-uIGcwFJY

1 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by Timothy Patrick

Specific History Question regarding the Maltese Cross

I have attached a photo of a version of the maltese cross. Regarding this version there is long pole with the spear on top running through…

Started by Brandon Roark

6 Jan 8, 2012
Reply by Timothy Patrick

often overlooked part of the fire service

I am a huge history buff, and am intrigued by ours as a whole. I have one main point of intrest that frankly im not even sure where to look…

Started by Shawn Tibbitts

5 Jan 7, 2012
Reply by Timothy Patrick

PRIDE & DESIRE

I am wanting to know where the desire has gone to do this job? When I was young growing up around the fire service everyone seemed to have…

Started by Dan Rice

8 Jul 19, 2011

Traditional International Fire Service Parade

The word is spreading around the North American fire service, and internationally through various internet communications channels, and Ame…

Started by John Fischer

0 Dec 5, 2010

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service