Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

“Pride and Ownership” Discussions (15)

← Back to “Pride and Ownership”
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pride / Tradition / Morale / Public Relations

"Tradition" ……. In the late 1800's, early 1900's, when the Irish immigrated to the United States, the only jobs the Irish could get were t…

Started by John Fischer

0 Jul 2, 2014

Probationary training, are we getting it right?

What aspects of the fire service have been left out when we are doing probationary training? As my example, the other day we had members si…

Started by Dan Rice

8 Dec 30, 2011
Reply by Dan Rice

Chief Lasky is coming to NJ!

For anyone interested, Chief Lasky will be in NJ on August 6th 2011 to deliver his Pride and Ownership program to the National Park Fire De…

Started by Mike Carestio

1 Jul 6, 2011
Reply by Mike Carestio

Complete 180!!

In the past years our department has been somewhat behind the times when it comes to training. We skated along, doing a job here and there…

Started by Dan Rice

2 May 31, 2011
Reply by Dan Rice

43rd Annual Delray Beach Florida - International Fire Service - St. Patricks Parade

Fire department participation in large scale parades in the North American fire service has been a tradition for centuries. St. Patricks Da…

Started by John Fischer

2 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by John Fischer

Celebrating Milestones

On a recent EMS run we had a CPR save.  It was one of our guys first CPR save.  We are looking for ideas on how to celebrate this as a cr…

Started by Sean Balantic

1 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by John Fischer

40th year anniversary

We are approaching our 40th year as a fire department and I am wanting to have a sort of festival to thank our community for there support…

Started by Dan Rice

0 Dec 15, 2010

Chief Lasky's Classes

If you get the chance to attend the Pride and Ownership Class, DO IT. You will not be disappointed. I attended the class in Washington Sta…

Started by Jay Wood

9 Jun 23, 2010

Disapointed in us

I spent some time earlier tonight surfing youtube for firefighter close calls. I was amazed by dumb things we still do. I will give every o…

Started by Shawn Tibbitts

2 Apr 1, 2009

History of Fire Service Traditions

I have started to incorporate little bits and pieces of fire service history and traditions in my various training classes. In order to mak…

Started by Jack Sullivan

4 Mar 8, 2009
Reply by William King

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service