Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Looking to build a leaking pipe simultor for haz mat training and have not been able to find the plans to build the prop.

Views: 938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have taken PVC pipe and made a water connection and created a leak monster. We have diffrent size of pipe with the largest size being the base and making it into a square box. We then start to build up from there using 'T" connections and come up three feet and place 2 "t" connections with a straight pipe connecting the "T" connections. We then come up another two feet and place two 90 degree connections and run a straight pipe and place a "t" connection in the middle of that and run another piece of pipe straight up. You can drill holes all over the pipes. We place a ball in the last piece of pipe that is straight up and the goal of the excerise is to get the water to come out of the top and push the ball out by plugging all the holes. It makes training fun and the teams working on the pipe keep being chalenged because they have to plug and path to keep the water rising to push out the ball from the top. Hope this helps
Hey Jack! IF you take a look at my FE page there is a picture of a pipe leak simulator that I use for the University of Finday.

If you can not find it my cell# is 740-507-8802 my email is toddcmckee@hazmatohio.com

Todd McKee

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service