Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

(I am a "newbee" to this forum so if I have used the wrong forum please exscue my inexperience).

I am in need of some Fire Department patches.

We have a junior Firefighter Named Aidan Loney that I want to make a FD patch wall for.

Aidan was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma back on March 16th, 2009. He was limping with some pain and eventually had a full leg X Ray and discovered a mass. It was located just above his right knee. Aidan had his knee replaced and the tumor removed on July 1st.

Monday (Dec 14th) Aidan's scan of his leg came back clear. No more surgeons and no more needles!

I want to commemorate this event with a wall of Fire Department patches for his room at his house.

The Olathe FD is actually going through a transition from uniform "blues" to polo's and I will most likely have a patch to trade with, but I won't know for sure until the end of the week.

If you would like to send a patch please send it to me at:

Olathe Fire Department

1225 S Hamilton Circle

Olathe, KS 66061

If you want a patch in return please include a self addressed stamp envelope.

If you have any friends in the fire service that may be willing to send a patch please forward on this e-mail.

If you want to read Aidan's story go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/aidanrobert

I will appreciate any assistance with this.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Schneider

Fire Captain-Technical Rescue Coordinator

Olathe FD

Kansas SUSAR TF-3

Views: 93

Reply to This

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service