Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Currently we do not have inline gauges for our standpipe kits.  With this current lack of equipment we have found the need to pump the stand pipe to the pressure needed at the top floor no matter what floor they are operating on to insure the PRV's are operating properly.  Due to the PRV's and PRD's being pre-set for the floor they are installed thus they are required to recieve a certain amount of pressure based on the height of the building.  I guess I am asking, in standpipe buildings equipped with PRV's or PRD's do you/should you always pump to the pressure required to acheive the tested 80-100PSI on the top floor to insure you get the required tested flow on the lower levels?  I do understand that some PRV's and PRD's are field adjustable and that would assist in flow and that inline pressure gauges would assist also.  Since we don't have pressure gauges and not all PRV's and PRD's are not field adjustable I'm trying to be most preparred.  Just wondering your alls thoughts and practices.  

Views: 381

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archives.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page HERE. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Monday at 7:30 p.m. EDT

F.O.O.L.S. Radio

with

Robbie Fisher

CALL IN AND JOIN THE SHOW

1-877-497-3973 (Toll Free)
or 1-760-454-8852

Check out the schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2019   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service