Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Hey guys,
I have been kicking around the idea of starting a local chapter here in Northwest Indiana. I am a member of Michiana FOOLS located in South Bend, and I believe the only other local is Boiler FOOLS in Lafayette IN. Can some lead me into getting one started... Thanks Guys. Tom

Views: 177

Replies to This Discussion

Due to my ignorance of the geography of the Indiana area, I don't know for sure who would be your best bet to contact first. You can go to the international's page and look at the indiana chapters and contact one of them.
( http://foolsinternational.com/local_chapter/Indiana_Chapters.shtml )
If that does not help you can contact Ellen Brown at the international and she will help you with whatever you need. The international's website has the step by step procedure for what you need to get started ( www.foolsinternational.com )

Hope this helps!

JD
Thanks JD,
this will really help...by the way do you know if it is better to find FF who are interested before making the phone call or really taking the steps forward. and if so how many FF do you think is a good number to start with.

Thanks Again,
Tom
The best way to get started is to find you a good dedicated group to get started with. You need at least five to make up the board (Pres., VP, Sec/Tres & 2 trustees). You could make these guys your founding group for your chapter. Hope this Helps! Stay Safe.

JD
Good luck, Tom! In the short time I have been a FOOL, I have realized that you will never find a bunch of guys more dedicated to their profession. I have managed to meet some of the best in the business, and have yet to find one single person who wouldn't take the time to share a story or bit of knowledge, especially if it could mean the difference between me and my crew going home tomorrow. Let us know if we can be any help. FTM-PTB
Ben Marler, Mid-Tenn FOOLS, Nashville,TN
Thanks Ben,
I will. I enjoy being a FOOL also. I felt that all my questions have always been answered, and there is no question that someone would find unimportant, unlike my dept.

Thanks Again.
Tom
Hi Tom,

Let me know if you have any questions about starting a chapter. You can e-mail me at: admin@foolsinternational.com

Ellen
Tom,
Just started our chapter last year in Des Moines, IA. To start, have some great, trusting brothers for your e-board. Get the word out early to others. It has been slow going for us, but we are increasing our membership daily. Talk to other chapters. Check out all the chapter websites, myspace pages, etc. It really helped me get ideas and create a vision. If there is anything else I can do to help you. Let me know.

Brad
President
Des Moines Area Metro FOOLS
Tom,

I couldn't agree more with all the brothers comments. Our FOOLS chapter FOOLS OF OZ (www.foolsofoz.com) has been going strong now for nearly 4 years. In the beginning, we had a lot of haters that sought out to attack the chapter because we were proud of the profession and were wanting more. Thru our hard work and not stooping down to their level, we have proved many wrong and continue to DTRT. It is hard to argue the core of FOOLS-Training, Tradition, and Brotherhood. We strive to meet each of these core values throughout the years activities, and our memberhsip is close to 90+ members now. From speaking with FOOLS brothers from across the USA, there will always be those that seek to attack great things like FOOLS. Keep positive and know that no matter what fire department you are a member of, there is always a group of bro's that have the passion for the job. If our chapter can be of any help, please give me a shout and we will do whatever we can for you.

FTM PTB KTF
Chad Cox
Vice President FOOLS OF OZ
chadsworthks@yahoo.com
316-250-0544
Attachments:
Chad,
Thank you so much, It is great to know that I have Brothers out there will to help. It is a great feeling to know that there is more firefighters like me who want to train and continue to bring tradition into the fire dept. once again thank you and I will contact you if I need.

Thanks Again,

Tom
Im trying to find a local branch or even try to get a new one started i am located in northeast kentucky and was a member of the kentucky fools but for some reason tt no longer exists i would like to join back up but am usure of how to do so can i join outside of the state that i live in or maybe try to start one up in kentucky would really appreciate some info i honestly am clueless
Hi Brandon...

All three of the Kentucky chapters have been in an "Inactive" status for quite some time. If you are really interested in starting a new chapter in your local area, please send me an e-mail and I'll send you all the information and forms you will need.

Send the e-mail to either admin@foolsinternational.com or ellenb@foolsinternational.com.

Make sure to include exactly where you are located.

Ellen

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2021   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service