Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Let us take the average Greyhound Coach has anyone thought about fluid content in this unit laying on it's side? Fuel Cap 500 up to 900 litres. If you would like to throw any ideas around in regards to busses shoot me a reply.

Views: 146

Replies to This Discussion

You also have to watch out for the coolant lines that run to the rear of the bus when cutting through the roof or sides. Pull trim to identify hazards and construction before cutting.
Most modern coaches have the coolant lines run throught the center of the luggage compartments. The big concern in the roof line s the A/C systems lines that have a mid seat a/c system This system is also intergraded with the rest of the A/C.
How much freon is in this unit you might ask. There is up to 30 lbs in some systems so be aware.Now throw fire into the equation and what do you have going on. A whole lot of excitment and fifty people that want off that rocket ship. Not to mention fire and freon make what type of chemical. If you are not able to find the answer then get back to me and I will enlighten you.

Play Hard Train safe !!

Auto Extrication International Consulting
Pete.Forshaw

Todd D. Meyer said:
You also have to watch out for the coolant lines that run to the rear of the bus when cutting through the roof or sides. Pull trim to identify hazards and construction before cutting.

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2019   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service