Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

I've been thinking of running a day bus trip from FDIC 2009 to the Cincinnati area. My thoughts are to go to the Beverly Hills Supper Club site followed up by a panel discussion by "eyewitnesses" and a BHSC book author, perhaps at a local firehouse (the Southgate, Kentucky FD, if they would have us). We would then go Cincinnati for lunch (cheese "coneys" ?) and a trip to the Cincinnati fire museum. Maybe a final "drive by" past the old Ahrens-Fox factory and Robeling's suspension bridge (predecessor to his famed Brooklyn Bridge).

What do you think? How about a Saturday trip at the end of FDIC? Should I plan this?

Views: 167

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a GREAT idea. Please let us know well in advance. Sat is generally when I fly back. I hope you can pull it off.
Sounds great too. I would prefer earlier in the week rather than FRI/SAT. I Googled "Beverly Hills Supper Club Fire" and found this 10 minute YouTube video on the fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsCTBHn2KIc
There are a few more short homemade videos alos posted on YouTube.
Im in, Saturday sounds good.... too crowded in the expo hall on Saturday anyways:)
Where do I sign up! It would be a highlight, I am sure.
Hey Guys-

A change of plans - we actually may bring the Beverly Hills Supper Club to FDIC! I have created a new group called "What Actually Caused the Beverly Hills Supper Club Fire?" on this Fire Engineering Community website. Go to groups and you will see it (and can join it).

We are in for some really interesting discussions on this fire - something that will potentially be of national interest. My plan is to have these discussions culminate in a significant event at FDIC 2009.

Glenn
Glenn, Count me in! I'll be down from Maine and WILL be "up on the Hill" with the trip, and I can help show everyone around... After many trips there, I have gotten a pretty good "feel" for where the footprint of the club was. And for those of you who don't know, the Cincy fire museum is unbelievable!

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2022   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service