Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

When did this happen? A training fire, a fireman or maybe more get burned and we laugh at them. Is this what our profession has come to? Let's build the fire hotter, burn Brothers, beat them down, then gossip and ridicule and point fingers at one another. We are truely our own worst enemy. We wonder why the politicians are having a field day. We seem to be working harder not smarter. Thoughts??

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

Brother , this is the Fire Service we are in , It's about me , Not We. . Who can we push out the door to make room for Me . It's all around .

-I think its a reflection of our current self centered, self interested, self absorbed society and not unique to the fire service. Here is a barometer I use; listen to someone order in a restaurant. Do they ask for food and drink or demand it. "Give me, I want, I'll have, bring me", or... "may I have"? How often do they use the words "please" and "thank you"? Want to hear it in a more specific fire service conversation? Listen to which fireman is constantly talking about and scheming over who is going to or should retire because he is on a promotional list that might expire. 

-People no longer know how to or even care to interact properly with others. They don'y like to be ordered around or to have to do for others (serve) yet this is the very thing they in fact do to others.

-What the current populace of the fire service has forgotten or has failed to learn, is that the fire service is first and foremost a service industry based on doing for others and giving of oneself to others for their exclusive benefit at our expense. 

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service