Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Looking for input on what you all thought about the new poster that arrived with the June issue on the DRD? What other topics would you like to see in this format and will you post them in the station?

Check out and sign up for the Tactical Building Blocks group.

Be Safe,
Frank Ricci

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looked good Frank. Did you guys coime up with the idea for the DRD? This will make a good fire house bulletin board poster.

Stay safe!
Frank, It's a good idea. Direct to the point quick lessons that can be delivered informally by displaying in strategic locations in the house. The simple things that can be done that will make a difference or the things that are practiced/utilized regularly that can be forgotten over time if not utilized.

As far as additional topics.....

Haz Mat - Eight Step Process
May Day - LUNAR
Hybrid Vehicle - Generalized info RE: cable coloring, locations and avg drain down time
Roof Ventilation - The hands off technique
Air Management -
Forcible Entry - The not so common challenges and hints to overcome

I would look at the FE training video line up. There are allot of short quick to the point videos that can be illustrated into a educational poster.

Thanks! Keep up the good work allot of us are benefiting for what you are doing.

P.J.
I was very surprised and happy to see Fire Engineering incoporating the posters into their magazine. I think it was a hit and hopefully hanging up on firehouse walls across the nation. I posted it on the "probie" board at our firehouse for them to look over by also showed it to other members and made sure they saw it. Other topics off the top of my head could be PPV, light weight construction, basment fire tactics, scene size up

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/archive/.

Fire Engineering Editor in Chief Bobby Halton
We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our policy page. -- Bobby Halton

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2020   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service