Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

All Discussions Tagged 'rescue' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Rescue Boat Design

A group of swiftwater rescue team members are working on what makes a perfect rescue boat. You can see us tormenting the prototype at http:…

Started by John Zimmerlee

1 Mar 11, 2019
Reply by milli cater

How Do You Define Firefighter Fit?

Most people, when asked this question, will normally think about how much weight they can lift or if the are overweight or not.  I argue th…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

9 May 23, 2015
Reply by Eric C.

Childs arm trapped in revolving door

Dispatched to an incident involving a child's arm trapped in a revolving door. There are two different pictures from totally different inci…

Started by Isaac Frazier

1 Jun 24, 2014
Reply by BRENT WEIR

To Workout or Not? When and what type of workouts do you do on shift?

This is a major concern for the fire rescue athlete,. On one hand we know we should be working out to stay and get fit for duty. Yet , if w…

Started by Aaron Zamzow

6 Aug 6, 2012
Reply by Michael Bricault (ret)

Large Truck extrication training

I am looking for someone to teach a Large Truck extrication class at my department in Fort Mill, SC. Do you know of anyone that may be inte…

Started by Ron Becknell

5 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Ron Becknell

LETTER REQUEST FOR DONATIONS OF OLD, USED, 2ND HAND/ SURPLUS FIRE & RESCUE GEARS AND EQUIPMENTS

Good Day, I’m Stephen Eric P. Chua from the Philippines, me and my group ( 20 persons ). from all walks of life are all volunteer members o…

Started by Stephen Eric P. chua

0 Nov 19, 2010

Swiftwater rescue boat

A group of firefighters in the Atlanta area have designed & developed the ultimate swiftwater rescue boat. You can see them tormenting…

Started by John Zimmerlee

0 Jul 28, 2010

2011 International Ice Rescue Train-the-Trainer Academy

International Ice Rescue Train-the-Trainer Academy February 17 - 20, 2011 Lifesaving Resources Inc. Water & Ice Rescue Training Center…

Started by Gerald M. Dworkin

0 Mar 27, 2010

Stabilization and Rescue Struts

G******** brothers and sisters and Happy New Year!! When confronted with a vehicle on it's side, many fire/rescue agencies are accustomed…

Started by Trey Smith

4 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Larry Lasich

core v/s streamline

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forums, i am from Chile, and I apologize because my English is very basic, ok?... Time a go, search…

Started by Raúl de la Jara M.

4 Sep 30, 2009

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service