Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Uncategorized (644)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Community Outreach

Hello all,        I am volunteer Lieutenant in a NJ fire department. I am also head of community involvment in our fire department. I was w…

Started by Elliot Belote

2 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Dave Stacy

Looking for Vehicle Extrication Benchmarks

I have recently been assigned as the Technical Rescue Program Manager for the Beaumont Fire Department in Beaumont, Texas. I would like to…

Started by John G. Bourgeois

0 Jan 12, 2012

Scott Pack Tracker Locater

Does your Department or a Department you know of currently use the Scott Pack Tracker Locater device? If so, I need your assistance. I am c…

Started by Matthew Shultz

4 Dec 29, 2011
Reply by Matthew Shultz

Looking for sample SOPs/SOGs for Gators/Quads/ATVs

My department just purchased a 4 seat Husqvarna Gator that is supposed to be used for all terrain search/rescue and possibly brush fires. W…

Started by Elliot Belote

2 Dec 23, 2011
Reply by Elliot Belote

Code 3 response

I am interested in knowing how other departments operate in code 3 mode. My department allows for 10 mph over the posted speed limit. We mu…

Started by Bob Shovald

14 Dec 21, 2011

Documented bail-out device uses

I was curious if anyone knew of any websites or resources with documented uses of bail-out devices on the fireground?  Several of my fellow…

Started by Matt Ballance

0 Nov 29, 2011

Third World Training Group

Is there a group of volunteer instructors that go over to third world nations and train firefighters and EMS?

Started by Bryan Aube

0 Nov 18, 2011

Things go better without Koch

After watching the Koch-funded farce in Wisconsin earlier this year, Ohio voters screamed “hell no” against their statehouse Republican’s a…

Started by John Mitchell

2 Nov 17, 2011
Reply by John Mitchell

Training in extreme weather

Does anyone out there have a policy on how cold or how hot is can be for training? I am in discussions on this with our Union and it seems…

Started by Christopher Olsen

5 Nov 4, 2011

Ex Captain Gift Ideas

Yeah, i know, most common ex captain gift from the company is to give a plaque, but, what if you have been captain, chief, so many times th…

Started by Lisa Marie

4 Nov 1, 2011

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service