Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Uncategorized (644)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Training on Sunday's

Today at the firehouse (11-2) it was a hard to get the guys to train. Their excuse to me was "it is Sunday". I struggled to get the guys of…

Started by Todd McKee

68 Nov 12, 2014
Reply by Karl Grath

Unique Trainings

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find some unique trainings. Can be anywhere...

Started by Kyle

3 Nov 12, 2014
Reply by Karl Grath

Here's What We Forget When We "Never Forget"

Another year has come and gone, and we firefighters have paused to remember the brave 343 who gave their lives on that spectacularly horrif…

Started by John Mitchell

1 Nov 4, 2014
Reply by Art "Chief Reason" Goodrich

It must suck to hate your job so much

Why do people who spend most of their time complaining about the systems, processes, personnel, policies, and everything else remain in the…

Started by Paul Strong

3 Jun 7, 2014
Reply by Jonah Smith

Help With Lesson Plans

I need some help with getting Lesson Plans. Looking in to Technical Rescue lesson plans more so then general fire service lesson plans. F…

Started by Alex Johnson

0 Mar 6, 2014

Free Lance Photographers/Videographers

What is everyone's take on those pesky freelance videographers and photographers who basically chase fire apparatus, ambulances, and police…

Started by Eric Michael Ziegelhofer

0 Nov 25, 2013

Car fires with magnesium

Recently I have been on a few vehicle fires with magnesium built in to the vehicle. What is everyone using to put this out?

Started by Jason Hale

22 Apr 29, 2013

Firefighter Performance Evaluations

I am gathering information on methods municipalities and other organizations use to evaluate the performance of uniformed fire department e…

Started by Ryland Kendrick

0 Feb 13, 2013

Does the Salamander Accountability Tags system work

I do not mean accountability wise; I mean equipment wise long term, weather extremes. Is it intuitive? Has your company have any problems w…

Started by Dennis Farrenkopf

1 Dec 27, 2012

Personal Situational Awareness - "The Mayonnaise Jar and Two Cups of Coffee"

Earlier this month, I had the opportunity to chat with a nationally-known fire service legend.  How fortunate for me to be one of the two g…

Started by John Mitchell

1 Sep 28, 2012

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service