A.A.S. Fire Science Technology
Fire Officer IV
Fire Instructor III
NREMT-I
COBRA HazMat Tech
Rad/Nuc Tech
WMD Tech
Bio:
My name is Debora R. Lewis. Happily married for nine years with no children unless you count my two pets, a five-year-old American Bulldog named Murphy and a six-year-old cat named Cracker. I am originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan, but currently live in Beaufort, SC. I joined the United States Marine Corps directly out of high school in 1976 and served proudly for 20 years before retiring at Parris Island as a 1stSgt. The Marines showed me the world as a motor transport chief, but I can honestly say my two tours as a drill instructor, were the most rewarding. OOH RAH!

Immediately on retirement from the Corps, Burton Fire & Rescue (the greatest department in SC) hired me as a full time firefighter. I now have 13 years on the job and serve as the Captain/Shift Commander of Shift 1. I am currently enrolled in EKU’s B.S. in Fire Safety & Engineering Technology degree program. After graduation, I intend on completing the National Fire Academy’s EFO program.

My department operates with 42 paid firefighters in five stations working 48/96 hour shifts. Our three shifts protect a population of 30,000 and our response area is 83 square miles.

When I am off duty, I enjoy playing softball, riding my Harley, and relaxing at home with my family. For those who may not know, Beaufort is a coastal city one hour south of Charleston, SC and about one hour north of Savannah, GA. I am very near Hilton Head and Bluffton, SC. As I originally hail from the great state of Michigan, I am a huge Wolverine fan! GO BLUE! I am also a die-hard Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, and Detroit Pistons fan...Detroit City Rocks!
Web site:
http://www.burtonfd.org

Debora R. Lewis's Videos

• Add Videos

Comment Wall (6 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 12:46pm on March 20, 2009, Will Vaigneur said…
Crongrats on Michigan advancing.
At 9:45am on March 10, 2009, Rick Lasky said…
Hi Deb,

It was great seeing you. I hope we get to visit in July buddy.

Be safe Sis and stay in touch.

Love ya,

Rick
At 8:49pm on March 20, 2008, Michael Wilbur said…
Hi DR. thank you for your kind comments and thank you for the support. It is greatly appreciated mike
At 9:11pm on March 19, 2008, John Salka said…
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the book. Please take some of the lessons and practice them yourself with your people. See you soon.
John Salka
At 3:45pm on March 13, 2008, Rick Lasky said…
..hope to meet ya soon!
At 3:44pm on March 13, 2008, Rick Lasky said…
Thanks!! It's all the stuff we all love and it lets us scream about some of the stuff that drives us nuts!

Thnaks for your kind words.

Be safe,

Rick

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service