Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

i am getting some leather shields made for my firefighters. we are a pumper company. seeing as how the truckies are green, the firefighters firefighter(rescues) are blue and the chiefs are usually gold with black letters. WHAT COLOR ARE PUMPER/ENGINE COMPANIES.
thanks bob "the rookie" hille

Views: 2597

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Bob.

In the metro area of Chicago, it is common to have white numbers on a black background for the helmet shields of memberes of an engine company, and red numbers on a black background for truck companies.

Just take a look at the various pictures of the members here and you can get some ideas.

Rich
thanks rich sounds great
Hey Bob,

We use white on black as well, for the FF's. The officers have a red shield but still with white letters. Now with that said I am on an engine only department but I did check around a bit here in DFW,Tx and it seems to e consistent.

Good luck, having a shiled is a nice touch for a FF.

Marty
thanks marty. yeah its been a huge morale booster for my crew. we are a resident station on a part time/vollie/resident dept. and we would just like to stand out as more than just another vollie. so its a huge pride and ownership thing thanks for the info

bob "the rookie" hille
Hi Bob. Here in Albuquerque we use the same criteria as FDNY. Engines are black shields with white numbers. Ladders/Trucks are black shields with red numbers, squads are black with yellow numbers and the rescue/ambulance has blue numbers. For the company office the color scheme is reversed; engine LT has a white shield with black numbers, Truck Captain has a white shield with red numbers... ranks are indicated by the appropriate number and configuration of trumpets located at the very top arch of the shield.
Stay safe.
Bob, in High Point, North Carolina we use the same criteria as FDNY. Engines are black shields withblack inserts with white numbers. Ladders/Trucks are black shieldsred inserts with white numbers, squads are black blue insertswith white numbers . For the company office the color scheme is reversed; engine Officers have a white shield inserted with black with white numbers, Truck Captain has a white shield with red insert and white numbers... ranks are indicated by the color of the helmet.
Stay safe.
Stay low!
Michael Bricault said:
Hi Bob. Here in Albuquerque we use the same criteria as FDNY. Engines are black shields with white numbers. Ladders/Trucks are black shields with red numbers, squads are black with yellow numbers and the rescue/ambulance has blue numbers. For the company office the color scheme is reversed; engine LT has a white shield with black numbers, Truck Captain has a white shield with red numbers... ranks are indicated by the appropriate number and configuration of trumpets located at the very top arch of the shield.
Stay safe.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service