Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

We all hate the term “Monday Morning Quarterbacking” (MMQ) especially if we are labeled as “one of those” purveyors of post incident commentary. Generally we MMQ when things go sideways and we think of the ways it could have gone better or we could have done this or that differently. Sometimes we affix blame or engage in MMQ without all of the facts that may damage relationships or credibility.

Why not “Friday Morning Quarterbacking” (FMQ) those issues that create the problems of MMQ with some pre-planning, training, area recon, better communications and intelligent situational awareness. We’re good at what we do and we can always do better with FMQ. What say you?

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chief, I like this! Monday morning quarterbacking has and always will be a hot button issue for me. Only one thing I would like to add to fmq. Common Sense, I say this because Monday, Frida, Tuesday, or Thursday, doesn't matter unless we have a genuine grasp on the real meaning of our profession, which to me is Common Sense. We have lost sight of Common Sense being Common in our Profession, IMHO. Just a quick note, our common sense and a civilians idea of common sense differs greatly.

Look forward to meeting you in March John at FDIC, stay safe!

Jeff

Jeff

Sometimes common sense is not all that common. Thanks for your comments and likewise, looking forward to seeing you at FDIC

Be safe

Jeff Schwering said:

Chief, I like this! Monday morning quarterbacking has and always will be a hot button issue for me. Only one thing I would like to add to fmq. Common Sense, I say this because Monday, Frida, Tuesday, or Thursday, doesn't matter unless we have a genuine grasp on the real meaning of our profession, which to me is Common Sense. We have lost sight of Common Sense being Common in our Profession, IMHO. Just a quick note, our common sense and a civilians idea of common sense differs greatly.

Look forward to meeting you in March John at FDIC, stay safe!

Jeff

John, I agree it's not so common anymore. The reasons are many that this problem exists and some of my comments could probably light a multiple alarm response, so I'll sum it up in one word. For many of the Brothers that know me this may come as a shock. ACCOUNTABILITY!

I guess I'll see where this goes John!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service