Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

We just got a LSP halfback device. It came with the lifting strap but the instructions are pretty vague. We know the 2 clips go to the lifting points but the third adjustment strap does not make sense. Ours seem turned inside out. I searched you tube for any info but did not find any info. Does anyone know where i can find some more detailed instructions or pictures?

Views: 2393

Replies to This Discussion

Tom:
When you figure out what to do with the third strap let us all know... the manual doesn't explain it and I've yet to run into someone who knows what it's for.
By the way, I'd be interested in hearing what your agency does for connecting a belay line. I know some are just clipping it into the same attachment point on the bridle while others are creating an improvised attachment point and hooking the belay to it.
Dave VH1
I think it attaches to the webbing handle on the back of the device. then you tighten it to make the patient straight up and down if hauling through a tight opening. But it seems like the strap is inside out. For a belay we use a doubled 8' webbing looped under the shoulder strap. I found the instructions but they are as clear as mud. The third strap is called the stabilizer strap. It says to thread it out of the buckle but the way it is sewn you can't.
http://www.blackwoodfire.org/docs/rescue%20companyops/lsphalfback.pdf

This strap is for use with the Miller Full Body Splint/Litter. (See Fig. 11.1)

11.4 "Connect the stabilizer strap of the Vertical Lift Strap Assembly to the head handle of the Miller Full Body Splint/Litter"

It isn't designed for full load, just to stabilize for vertical lift when using the halfback and Miller Board. I'm not sure why Allied/LSP doesn't give a clear explanation of this in the halfback manual. It should have a blurb in section 16.0 where it shows the Vertical Lift Strap Assembly.

Hope this helps
Thanks Bret, I see how they are using the stabilization strap in conjunction with the Miller board.
Dave VH

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service