Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

We've heard directly from a lot of instructors how they are using the sims, and seen some good posts on the Fire Engineering discussion board. However, I think the format here lets us be a little looser, perhaps, to discuss issues about the sims, how we think you'll find them useful, how you think they can be useful (or what would make them more useful) and then a bit of the 'building of' which can provoke some good discussions and insights.

With that being said, everyone is welcome to post questions, suggestions, or any feedback!

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

Both Jonathan and I are anxious to hear how you like our simulations and how we can make them better. We have designed them so they can be used by any department regardless of size, staffing or tactics. Let us know how you use them.
Train to stay safe,
Frank
What a great tool for training! I will be using this soon in a training session.

I would like to see a re-start icon so the sim could be run over again without restarting the program. Did I miss it somewhere?
The R key will restart all of the simulations except the first one. Use x to restart that one.
If you read all of the documentation before using the sim, you will get some good ideas on how to use it.
Let us know how you make out when using the sim.

Train to stay safe,
Frank

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service