Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

UNSEEN KILLER - AUGUST MAGAZINE ILLUSTRATION

To see more of my work or to purchase prints, visit: www.artstudioseven.com

Views: 2353

Comment

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

Comment by Patrick Bourke on September 15, 2010 at 7:38am
Through a lack of understanding, young fire fighters are dying younger from regular smoke exposure, before, during and after the event! All Emergency Medical and Rescue departments should call in the Educators as soon as possible to generate awareness among their crews about these silent killers.

"To know is to understand - To understand is to be prepared" (De Burgo)
Comment by Mike France on August 20, 2010 at 8:23am
Another well done message
Comment by John K. Murphy on August 19, 2010 at 10:47pm
I remember the day when we go into a rolling structure fire, suck down tons of smoke, exit the fire and cough black crap out of our lungs, have black snot running out of our noses and sit on the tailboard and light up a cigarette. Now we are dying of cancers of the lung, throat, prostate, brain and are affected by respiratory ailments and heart disease.

The lucky and still healthy survivors can pass on the health safety wisdom of keeping masked up in all conditions, do not smoke or chew tobacco and stay healthy.

Our mantra should be "never breathe smoke."

This illustration says it all. Thanks again.
Comment by Todd McKee on August 19, 2010 at 10:22pm
ANOTHER ONE WELL SAID!
Comment by Nick Morgan on August 19, 2010 at 8:05pm
Great job Paul!! I need to post this one at the firehouse!
Comment by Paul Combs on August 19, 2010 at 5:44pm
Thanks, Lisa and Christopher!
Comment by Lisa Marie on August 19, 2010 at 4:56pm
Another great one Paul!
Comment by Christopher Drake on August 19, 2010 at 3:08pm
Another great illustration, Paul! This very subject leaves me shaking my head every week as I see some of our own members not masking-up for even the simplest fires. Smoke is dangerous, no matter the source or how dense.

Thanks for the great artwork and stay safe!
Comment by Paul Combs on August 19, 2010 at 10:41am
Thanks, Capt!

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service