Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

My Dept is cleaning house. All SOP's are out and we are starting from scratch. Long over due I might add. We are a Vol combat fire dept with 9 Engines, 3 Trucks, 3 support units (HazMat, Air and Light). Run about 2500 fire calls a year. Our EMS is paid and those runs do not count as fire runs, The Cmnd staff is paid too. We need modern and up to date SOP's / SOG's for operating at High Rise incidents. Our response area has quite a few high rises that vary in type and constuction.

I was hoping that one of you had either your dept SOP's / SOG's or sample ones we could review and either adopt or modify to our needs and abilities.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Huneke

Views: 697

Replies to This Discussion

I wrote a set for the combination FD that I work for part time. We have 5 engines, 2 ladders and a rescue. The SOP I wrote is pretty basic. I also work for Houston FD full time and can send you those as well but they are quite extensive. Send me your email address and I'll forward a copy of one or both.

John Paetow
Don, I can get you a copy of OCFD's. It will be for a paid department response but if you want it, I'll get you a copy.
Hey Brother anything you have would be great. My email is dhpdfd@comcast.net...Thanks alot Be safe

John Paetow said:
I wrote a set for the combination FD that I work for part time. We have 5 engines, 2 ladders and a rescue. The SOP I wrote is pretty basic. I also work for Houston FD full time and can send you those as well but they are quite extensive. Send me your email address and I'll forward a copy of one or both.

John Paetow
Hi Don. I'm a firefighter in a volunteer fire dept in Chile.If you don't worry with spanish, I can send you our SOP to highrise fire.
I have a very good article of Paul Grinwood, beside I have the FDNY's SOP and the Oklahoma's SOP
Hi Don,
Check out the Hero Pipe as a new opportunity to fight High-Rise battles. The founder, a 20+ year CPD Lt. invented it and its currently nominated for a Chicago Innovation Award.
http://theheropipe.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcM3GKKhzGs

Hi John

Any chance you can send those to michaeldombroski@hotmail.com

I'm keen to research different SOP's. Ours are left wanting a bit.

Thanks

MD

John Paetow said:

John Paetow
Hey John

Thanks for being willing to share. I'd like a copy of those SOP's too if you don't mine. michael.walker@okc.gov

John Paetow said:

John Paetow

Hi people

first of all sorry about my bad english. If you guys can help me too sending me some SOP`s so we can adopt or modify in my volunteer fire department in Ciudad del Este, Paraguay, that`s in south america.

risartorio@gmail.com

Thanks!!

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service