Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Introduce yourself, where you from, what dept., what program, do you like it???? Anything else you want to say.

Views: 302

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Nick Morgan, I'm a 17 year veteran with the St Louis MO Fire Department; with over 24 years total fire service experience. I am currently enrolled in the BS in Fire Science program through Columbia Southern University. So far I have only been able to take one course, however I really enjoyed it and look forward to taking more and eventually completing my degree through CSU. I have been promoting CSU's degree program by "word of mouth" to interested members of my own department.
You know its just like me to start something and not add my own welcome to it.

My name is Robby Owens I am 26 years old and currently am a career firefighter for the Henrico County (VA) Division of Fire. I have 11 years of fire service experience combined career and volunteer. I come from a fire service family (Dad, Brother, cousins). I am currently enrolled in the Fire Science program as well. I am only 9 classes from graduating (I will be down to 7 in about 2 weeks). So far I have loved the program it is easy to do with a young kid and working a shift work schedule. I have also been spreading the program around by word of mouth.

So why start this group?? Well I wanted to give the CSU crowd a place to converse outside the "school" enviroment. I also hope this can serve as an informational and motivational group. It is always easier to do something especially school when you have a partner.....and in my eyes we are already the best partners in the world because we are brothers and sisters. So feel free to start discussions, threads etc. This is your group make it what you want it to be.
My name is Scott Tichenor. I am 34 years old and I am currently a Lieutenant with the White River Township Fire Department in Greenwood Indiana. I have 12 years of firefighting experience with eight of those being career. I got my start in the Air Force and it has helped me in every step of my career. I have a bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership from a school here in Indiana. I am currently enrolled in Columbia Southern's MBA program. My concentration for my degree is in Public Administration. My best friend guided me to Columbia Southern and now we have about five or more firefighters enrolled in the school.

Thank you for starting this group!

Lt. Scott Tichenor
Welcom Scott.....I took a class at FDIC from someone in White River (can't remember his name) it seems like you guys have a great organization there.....thanks for joining.
I am Darin Keith, 32 years old. I I have 9 years combined Career/Volunteer fire service. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic with the Rock Island Arsenal Fire Dept. in Rock Island, IL. I will be starting my Associates in Fire Science next month. I have 7 classes to complete to finish my degree. I was lucky enough to recieve a scholarship to help pay for the classes. I am really looking forward to starting. I also have been spreading the word with my coworkers.
Hey Scott, when were you in the Air Force and where were you stationed? I was in from Oct. 86 to Feb. 91 and stationed at "wonderful" Eaker AFB in Blytheville (Where?) AR. My Air Force Firefighter training has helped me out more than once.
Hello everybody, my name is Ray Murphy and I am a firefighter/Investigator with the city of Beaufort Fire Department. I live in Beaufort South Carolina, married for 7 years and have a two year old boy named Jackson.
I am in the fire science program at Columbia Southern and have three classes left for my bachelors and yes I enjoy the hell out of it. Thanks for making this group
Steve Wilson, Asst. Fire Chief
Montoursville, PA

Recently started an MBA Program and it seems to be very user friendly and flexible for my schedule!
Hi, My name is Kim Plash and I have been working for CSU for over two years as an Educational Representative for our Fire Science degree programs. Many of you have met me at Fire Service conventions and expositions; I truly enjoy my job of traveling around, meeting all of you, and sharing information on our online degree programs in Fire Science.

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service