hey brothers and sisters
does anyone have a tiller trainining program out there
looking for lesson plans / video / hands-on drills
anything would be of great assistance
be safe

Views: 1175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can send you what we use in Atlanta. You guys already have tillers or are you getting ready to purchase some?
Chief I hope I have attached what we use for our tiller training....Good luck with hopefully your new tiller!!!
Attachments:
When we tiller train we go to a large cemetery that is in are still. There is a lot of narrow roads that make backing up more of a challange. Also there is little traffic and not a lot of moving people (ha ha ).

Kurt
we have 4 tillers but we are experiencing more than ourr share of accidents
a more tailorred program is needed
if you have anything, we would like to see it
thanks bro
Chief, I just read the stuff that Rick sent. An that looks like a great place to start. In Niles we have no JPR's that cover the driving of the tiller, are JPR's cover set-up and ladder operation. I know the cemetery thing sounds silly but it has worked for us for a lot of years. Good luck.
Kurt
we have lots of cemetarys in north hudson
most are on steep hills but it is a cool idea
we just have to get permission
thanks
b safe
Hey brother great topic,
We have no training program lesson plans. I would love to see some posted. Right now we take the new guy in a large parking lot with a tillerman cliped into the truck. After a hour or so we take them on the roads slowly. I am sure there has to be a better way?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service