The Hooterville Fire Department is receiving numerous calls for a report of a fire on a patio on the 12th floor of a 20 story Fire Resistive Multiple Dwelling. The Building has 2 elevators and 1 open unenclosed stairway.
• People are also reporting that the smoke is entering the HVAC duct system
• The occupants in apartment 13 C have a barbeque grill with a 20 pound LPG tank on the patio
• The 13th through the 20th floors are filling up with heavy smoke.
• There are numerous people reporting that they are trapped in their apartments on the floors above the fire.
• People are reported to be trapped in the elevator on the 13th floor
• Fire has also communicated to the patio on the floor above
It is a Saturday Afternoon at 1830 hours.
The Hooterville Fire Department dispatches 2 engines, 1 ladder and a Brigade Chief. Upon arrival the Chief is confronted with the following scenario.
Based upon the scenario depicted:
• Where would you set up the Command Post
• What actions would you take at the Lobby Command Post
• What additional resources would you call for
• What are your Priorities:
• Where would you place your Aerial Ladder(s)
• Where would you stretch your first hose line , second hose line
• How would you stretch your hose line(s)
• Where is the most severe life hazard
• What are the other hazards that exist