Fire Engineering Training Community

Where firefighters come to talk training

Art Zern's Comments

Comment Wall (44 comments)

You need to be a member of Fire Engineering Training Community to add comments!

Join Fire Engineering Training Community

At 8:04am on February 10, 2012, Charles Olson said…

All is good up in DC, been a usual winter, but enjoying it.  Hope all is good with you!  

At 5:52pm on February 5, 2012, Paul Hasenmeier said…

No ice on Lake Erie.  Might not happen this year if.  I have a 16' aluminum v bottom that I can drop in quick and be fishing in minutes.

At 5:05pm on February 5, 2012, Paul Hasenmeier said…

Unseasonably warm here in Ohio.  Have an off day tomorrow and may actually try getting out on the lake to fish.

At 7:20pm on March 23, 2011, Art Zern said…
So very proud of my son upon his selection to Marine Corps Platoon Leader Course this Summer.
At 1:29am on June 11, 2010, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
-Art, I hope all is well. I have not seen you on line of late.
At 4:09pm on December 23, 2009, Kelly Saunders said…
Hey "Chief", I know you are a Lt these days, but in my books you are still a Chief.
Have a safe & happy holiday, men like you are what makes the Fire Service great.
Take care..
At 3:27pm on September 16, 2009, Chris Fioretto said…
Great jod standing up for what you beleave.
At 9:13am on September 6, 2009, Lance Neuses said…
Stay strong!
At 1:04am on September 6, 2009, Kelly Saunders said…
Chief, men like you are what makes the brotherhood great.
Your story brought me to anger at the idiots in goverment & at the same time helped restore my faith that there still are men of character & courage.
Stay the course
At 10:09pm on September 5, 2009, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC said…
Art,

We commend you on taking a stand for what is right. I am sure you have the infinite respect of the members of your department (more than you already did). Welcome back to the line (like you ever left), and we are proud to say that we know the most qualified and well-respected Lieutenant in the DPFD!

There are not many chiefs out there with the balls to stand-up to city admin, and now there is one less. Good luck!
At 2:20pm on September 5, 2009, Kurt Callisen said…
Art, from all the guys in Niles, thank you for standing up for what is right. The demotion is bullchit I hope it all works out.
Kurt
At 12:36pm on September 5, 2009, Joe Heim said…
Art,

Way to go! It seems that too many people fail to realize the consquences of cutting personnel. I commend you for standing up for what you believe in and good luck and stay safe!!!

Joe
At 12:25pm on September 5, 2009, Chris Piepenburg said…
Art,

Way to make a stand for what is right!! There are so many folks out there that think that the sky is falling when so many of us know the truth. I admire your courage to stand up to those who are making the rash decisions that affect us all. It is people like you, Jeff, Mike and Chris that truly understand what the brotherhood is all about! Keep your head up and keep charging forward. Like the other have said if you need anything just holler, I will be out in Chicago next week.

Chris
At 10:58am on September 5, 2009, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Stick to your guns. In the end all we have is our principles. Screw management if they can't stand to hear the truth spoken in the open light of day.
At 10:49am on September 5, 2009, Michael Bricault (ret) said…
Art I am in awe of your courage!! Your actions demonstrate your honesty to the issue and your commitment to your department and your community.
There may be moments of doubt in your heart; this will pass my Brother. Your courage rings true. I am happy that someone finally had the backbone to stand up and say what we have all known for so long.
And there is a bonus for you; In the end you may be the happier man for it, ridding the rigs again.
KTF my friend.
At 2:48pm on May 6, 2009, Dave McGrail said…
Art,

Thank you...

Keep up the good work.

Dave Mc.
At 7:41pm on February 15, 2009, Jared Bertsche said…
Chief, Thanks for the add. I am currently a Stoker trying to gain more experience from working classes and hopefully become an instructor in the future. I look forward to meeting you either at FSI or at an upcoming FOOLS meeting. Talk to you soon.
At 3:17pm on February 3, 2009, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC said…
Thanks, we'll be looking forward to meeting them. We had a great time in Morris in November and I hope all of the firefighters who took the class did too. Talk to you soon.

Nate
At 12:03pm on February 3, 2009, Brotherhood Instructors, LLC said…
Hello Chief, Thanks for the add. Hope all is well out your way.
At 8:15pm on January 28, 2009, Mike Walker said…
If we can't laugh, what do we have?

Policy Page

PLEASE NOTE

The login above DOES NOT provide access to Fire Engineering magazine archives. Please go here for our archives.

CONTRIBUTORS NOTE

Our contributors' posts are not vetted by the Fire Engineering technical board, and reflect the views and opinions of the individual authors. Anyone is welcome to participate.

For vetted content, please go to www.fireengineering.com/issues.

We are excited to have you participate in our discussions and interactive forums. Before you begin posting, please take a moment to read our community policy page.  

Be Alert for Spam
We actively monitor the community for spam, however some does slip through. Please use common sense and caution when clicking links. If you suspect you've been hit by spam, e-mail peter.prochilo@clarionevents.com.

FE Podcasts

Check out the most recent episode and schedule of
UPCOMING PODCASTS

© 2024   Created by fireeng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service